Steve Jobs: RIP

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Steve Jobs, the co-founder of Apple, has died, according to the company. He was 56.

The hard-driving executive pioneered the concept of the personal computer and of navigating them by clicking onscreen images with a mouse. In more recent years, he introduced the iPod portable music player, the iPhone and the iPad tablet -- all of which changed how we consume content in the digital age.

from CNN breaking news.

He was so young. All the money in the world is no contest for that vile disease of cancer. May he rest in peace now. His contributions to the world , society , technology etc etc speak for themselves.

a sad day.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Apple co-founder and Chairman Steve Jobs died today. He was 56.

Jobs had been suffering from various health issues following the seven-year anniversary of his surgery for a rare form of pancreatic cancer in August 2004. Apple announced in January that he would be taking an indeterminate medical leave of absence. Jobs then stepped down as chief executive in late August, citing his inability to "meet my duties and expectations" stemming from his illness.

Jobs had undergone a liver transplant in April 2009 during an earlier planned six-month leave of absence. He returned to work for a year and a half before his health forced him to take more time off. He told his employees in August, "I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come."

One of the most legendary businessmen in American history, Jobs turned three separate industries on their head in the 35 (April 1, 1976) years he was involved in the technology industry.

**********source: CBS breaking news e-mail.

One sort of thought this was going to happen .......and yet when it does ..it is still shocking. Some folks , by virtue of their mere presence and work seem "immortal". In many ways Jobs will be immortal via his many contributions to the world of technology that has assissted in making our lives more efficient , informative and progressive.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
He'll go down as one of the great innovators of any time.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
He certainly created a stir with the Ipod, Iphone, and Ipad. I also think that this was sort of expected after his announcement that he was stepping down.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
He was a man who revolutionized the modern world and was the classic model of the American entrepreneur. His contributions to the world of technology will live on long after him.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Another name that will go down in history as one of the greats right up there with Edison, Bell, Franklin et al.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It was once said that Bill Gates put a computer on your desk, and Steve Jobs
put a computer in your pocket.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Remove Bill land insert Steve and you have it more accuarate. Bill made computing easier but he didn't build the desktop or the iPon

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Remove Bill land insert Steve and you have it more accuarate. Bill made computing easier but he didn't build the desktop or the iPon
Bill Gates did mostly software. Microsoft Windows made it possible for most
people to use a computer.
Steve Jobs built computers and produced software that was easy to use
but they might have been a bit pricy for some. they are still a bit pricy.
Every computer I've had, I put together from components. I bought the
motherboard and compatible CPU, harddrive, sound and video cards if
I needed them. You can't easily build an apple computer.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Bill Gates did mostly software. Microsoft Windows made it possible for most
people to use a computer.
Steve Jobs built computers and produced software that was easy to use
but they might have been a bit pricy for some. they are still a bit pricy.
Every computer I've had, I put together from components. I bought the
motherboard and compatible CPU, harddrive, sound and video cards if
I needed them. You can't easily build an apple computer.
Actually, that is exactly what I have been doing for the past 7 or 8 years, building, upgrading and selling Apple computers in this area. The G3 & G4 towers were the easiest to work on because of their superior design. There were also several companies making after market upgrades - CPUs, memory, video cards, DVD burners and hard drives. I have built over 100 systems for people.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Actually, that is exactly what I have been doing for the past 7 or 8 years, building, upgrading and selling Apple computers in this area. The G3 & G4 towers were the easiest to work on because of their superior design. There were also several companies making after market upgrades - CPUs, memory, video cards, DVD burners and hard drives. I have built over 100 systems for people.
Cliffy you are different from most people. Most wouldn't want to touch an
Apple machine, I know I wouldn't. The average IBM compatible tower is
a snap to change out hard drives, DVD burners, etc.. I think Apple units
are a little more complicated. The big problem used to be finding Apple
components......Apple sure as hell wouldn't sell them to you.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Cliffy you are different from most people. Most wouldn't want to touch an
Apple machine, I know I wouldn't. The average IBM compatible tower is
a snap to change out hard drives, DVD burners, etc.. I think Apple units
are a little more complicated. The big problem used to be finding Apple
components......Apple sure as hell wouldn't sell them to you.
Sounds like you never looked inside an Apple tower. I have been in both Apple and PC towers and I never lost a knuckle to an Apple but every time I go into a PC I rip off a knuckle.

Easy Peasy! This one looks like it has a Sonnet Tech CPU upgrade installed already.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Sounds like you never looked inside an Apple tower. I have been in both Apple and PC towers and I never lost a knuckle to an Apple but every time I go into a PC I rip off a knuckle.

Easy Peasy! This one looks like it has a Sonnet Tech CPU upgrade installed already.

It looks great. Does Apple now sell components to anyone?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The Westborough Baptist Asshats are planning on picketing his funeral.

To Steve:

Sorry for the disrespect you're about to receive, but it to shall pass as your pain has.

Rest in peace dude, and thanks for all the nifty gadgets.