Anti War Mass Assembly

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Antiwar Mass Assembly 8 October 2011

Antiwar Mass Assembly 8 October 2011: Timetable

but will it have an impact??? after all , all the wars going on are either started by the US or endorsed by the US.& they don't listen to anyone .:-:)-(

Make sure you get their early to get a good spot and don't forget your club, shiv and balaclava..... Rioting for peace is a dangerous game ya know.

Last edited:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Make sure you get their early to get a good spot and don't forget your club, shiv and balaclava..... Rioting for peace is a dangerous game ya know.

Who said anything about RIOTS?? & WEAPONS?? Or is that wishful thinking on your part??. anything to discredit any efforts for peace in a war torn/ weary & almost bankrupt world.

Do you despise peace that much??

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Who said anything about RIOTS?? & WEAPONS?? Or is that wishful thinking on your part??. anything to discredit any efforts for peace in a war torn/ weary & almost bankrupt world.

You can tell me all about the peaceful demonstration afterwards, although I'll probably see the video of London burning (again) on the news.... Another 'peaceful' protest in the UK that followed all of the "peaceful protests" throughout the ME

Really??? That's the best retort you got?

Anyone that disagrees with you and your stance on the USA (based on fabrication, speculation, heinous assumptions and rhetoric) are magically incapable of supporting peace?

Are you the CC version of Big Brother or do you prefer "Dear Leader"?

Last edited:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009

Epidemiology of Mental Illness

Adults The current prevalence estimate is that about 20 percent of the U.S. population are affected by mental disorders during a given year.
Mental Health: A Report of the Surgeon General - Chapter 2

My-o-my.. What are the odds, eh?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
You can tell me all about the peaceful demonstration afterwards, although I'll probably see the video of London burning (again) on the news.... Another 'peaceful' protest in the UK that followed all of the "peaceful protests" throughout the ME

Really??? That's the best retort you got?

Anyone that disagrees with you and your stance on the USA (based on fabrication, speculation, heinous assumptions and rhetoric) are magically incapable of supporting peace?

Are you the CC version of Big Brother or is it Dear Leader?

I am not the topic here. and name calling is off limits ..

No one can predict how it will go.....but at least there is an effort being made. And that to me is something. Protesting for peace is ANYTHING but big brother or dear leader or whatever. It is the one thing we still can do to make a statement.

People who advise others to carry barbaric weapons are not exactly peace oriented.

Epidemiology of Mental Illness

Adults The current prevalence estimate is that about 20 percent of the U.S. population are affected by mental disorders during a given year.
Mental Health: A Report of the Surgeon General - Chapter 2

My-o-my.. What are the odds, eh?

we are talking about VETS. The troops that are young folks , normally very healthy in all spheres until they are exposed to the war experience and how it leaves them "damaged" in so many ways, their young lives are altered forever.

If you want to discuss mental unhealth in general........start a topic to that effect. thx.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

but will it have an impact??? after all , all the wars going on are either started by the US or endorsed by the US.& they don't listen to anyone .:-:)-(

So....OB, how much did you donate???

Or are you just flapping your lips for the musical effect??

Wait and see.....these things have a tendency to attract some real undesireables.......

Another obvious reason to bring this insanity to an end.

Nearly 20 Percent of US War Vets Have Mental Health Problems
Wars Taking Major Toll on Returning Vets

Nearly 20 Percent of US War Vets Have Mental Health Problems -- News from Antiwar.com

IF folks really want to support the troops........then bring them home. Let them restore themselves and their lives and be in healthy readiness for really critical issues. ( humanitarian in nature preferably )

As compared to an estimated 95% of anti-war protesters......LOL

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
I am not the topic here. and name calling is off limits ..

There was no name calling.. I asked a question.

But seeing how we're on the subject, is it conceivable that your unfounded attacks on the US (along with a raft of labeling) could be construed as name calling?

Isn't that "off limits"?

No one can predict how it will go.....but at least there is an effort being made. And that to me is something. Protesting for peace is ANYTHING but big brother or dear leader or whatever. It is the one thing we still can do to make a statement.

Yeah, sure... No one has any idea how it will go.. It will remain a real mystery.

People who advise others to carry barbaric weapons are not exactly peace oriented.

And yet, despite this toothless disclaimer, it magically happens more often than not.

we are talking about VETS. The troops that are young folks , normally very healthy in all spheres until they are exposed to the war experience and how it leaves them "damaged" in so many ways, their young lives are altered forever.

If you want to discuss mental unhealth in general........start a topic to that effect. thx.

Nice try, but the first hit on the first search yielded this result. Seems like the veterans are just regular folks like everyone else. Take away their uniforms and you'll see that they have lives, families, friends, and yes, the same problems as everyone else.

There is no question that the stressors and circumstances experienced by veterans will yield a specific consequence unique to their profession, but you simply don't like the fact that the piece that I forwarded as it undermines the direction you were going.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
So....OB, how much did you donate???

Or are you just flapping your lips for the musical effect??

That is MY business. Asking such a question is in poor taste and quite pedestrian.

Wait and see.....these things have a tendency to attract some real undesireables.......

As compared to an estimated 95% of anti-war protesters......LOL

Like pro wars folks are real charmers and humanitarians. Being Pro WAR the way it is now.....is a symptom of insanity , and paranoia. Seeing threats around every corner and calling folks terrorists is also insanity. Things have gotten totally out of hand .....Wanting revenge.......no matter how many innocents are slaughted is not only insane, but pathetic to the nth degree. Allowing oneself to be ruled by fear (threat of terrorism) , revenge is a mentally unhealthy way to live.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Like pro wars folks are real charmers and humanitarians. Being Pro WAR the way it is now.....is a symptom of insanity , and paranoia. Seeing threats around every corner and calling folks terrorists is also insanity. Things have gotten totally out of hand .....Wanting revenge.......no matter how many innocents are slaughted is not only insane, but pathetic to the nth degree. Allowing oneself to be ruled by fear (threat of terrorism) , revenge is a mentally unhealthy way to live.

None of my business??? Absolutely correct......but I know the answer ....NOTHING....:)

No....

Surrendering to a bunch of death cult loonies that follow a war mongering pedophile from 1300 years ago is lunacy..........

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
None of my business??? Absolutely correct......but I know the answer ....NOTHING....:)

No....

Surrendering to a bunch of death cult loonies that follow a war mongering pedophile from 1300 years ago is lunacy..........

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

are you suggesting that the above is the only other option?? Seems that this is a very narrow view of the situation. There are lots more options and many don't require slaughter en masse.... robot killings and assassinations. Folks need to get out of that narrow minded bush dogma of " with us or against us". and other such simplistic slogans.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

The Balkans. WWII, WWI, The Crimean... I could go on but you're an idiot.

But lets not forget the Canadian Bombing Campaign of Libya.

Brezzy had to go all the way to England to find an anti-war rally.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
But lets not forget the Canadian Bombing Campaign of Libya.

If only we had a peace protest in advance, this terrible bombing campaign never would have happened.. What were we thinking?!

Brezzy had to go all the way to England to find an anti-war rally.

That's the best way to protest ya know, 3000 miles away from the person that you want to send the message to... CNN always have better coverage than the local media outlets.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
People should start "Just War" protests. You'll find that most would be against a vast majority of conflict anyway and we don't have the exaggeration factor.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I guess my main question to the "anti-war" crowd is one that I also posed (in a different way) in the thread talking about radical muslims calling for Obama's assassination and its legality. The war in Afghanistan was begun in retaliation for 9/11 and the Taliban's subsequent refusal to surrender Osama bin Laden and his accomplices to the US. The UN gave tacit approval to this action. What else was the US gov't supposed to do, given the loss of life endured by foreign nationals and planned in foreign locations? The UN, the World Court in the Hague, pretty much every international organization you care to name was powerless to act, leaving the United States (and its allies) no recourse BUT to take military action. Seriously, what else could have been done? Nothing, which in turn sends a message that if you have an axe to grind, you can attack at will, with no fear of reprisals to your homes/supporters/etc? No government can allow the murder of 3000 of its citizens to go unanswered, especially those who were for the most part innocent and uninvolved with the issues the attackers were responding to.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
I guess my main question to the "anti-war" crowd is one that I also posed (in a different way) in the thread talking about radical muslims calling for Obama's assassination and its legality. The war in Afghanistan was begun in retaliation for 9/11 and the Taliban's subsequent refusal to surrender Osama bin Laden and his accomplices to the US. The UN gave tacit approval to this action. What else was the US gov't supposed to do, given the loss of life endured by foreign nationals and planned in foreign locations? The UN, the World Court in the Hague, pretty much every international organization you care to name was powerless to act, leaving the United States (and its allies) no recourse BUT to take military action. Seriously, what else could have been done? Nothing, which in turn sends a message that if you have an axe to grind, you can attack at will, with no fear of reprisals to your homes/supporters/etc? No government can allow the murder of 3000 of its citizens to go unanswered, especially those who were for the most part innocent and uninvolved with the issues the attackers were responding to.

I believe that OB would suggest that the USA apologize and beg forgiveness for building the World Trade Center where they did.. They have no excuses for this. The US feds could then back up the apology with cash payments to the terrorist organizations for getting in the way.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
These types of protest attract all groups. Free Palestine... Out of Iraq... Russians out of Chechnya...Free Willie...Stop the US War in the Phillipines... Independence for Vermont...

The list is endless.