Grandmother Pleads Guilty to Murder

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
SARNIA - "Oh my God, guys, I'm so sorry."

With those words, a then-48-year-old grandmother from Wallaceburg drove her car off the St. Clair Parkway and into the river, drowning her two grandchildren.

Friday, nearly two years later, Jane LaMarsh, now 50, was sentenced to life in prison with no chance for parole for 10 years for the murder of the two children - Tyler Bernard, 10, and his little sister, Taiya Talbot, 6.

LaMarsh pleaded guilty.

'Oh my God, guys, I'm so sorry.' | London | News | London Free Press

What in the hell is wrong with some people?

I feel so badly for the daughter, not only did she loose her only children but she lost them at the hand of her own mother.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

With those words, a then-48-year-old grandmother from Wallaceburg drove her car off the St. Clair Parkway and into the river, drowning her two grandchildren.

Friday, nearly two years later, Jane LaMarsh, now 50, was sentenced to life in prison with no chance for parole for 10 years for the murder of the two children - Tyler Bernard, 10, and his little sister, Taiya Talbot, 6.

LaMarsh pleaded guilty.

I feel so badly for the daughter, not only did she loose her only children but she lost them at the hand of her own mother.

The epitome of selfishness! 8O:-(

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
This might sound bad, but I am so sick of emotionally disturbed people murdering kids (often with the intention of killing themselves) and yet miraculously they survive.

Assholes, the lot of them.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

LaMarsh pleaded guilty.

Life in prison with the possibility of parole in 10 years. That's not life. Life should be having to spend the rest of your life in prison with NO possibility of parole. So, she can possibly get out when she's 60? When can the kids get out? Where's the justice?

This might sound bad, but I am so sick of emotionally disturbed people murdering kids (often with the intention of killing themselves) and yet miraculously they survive.

I couldn't possibly give you enough thumb's up that this post deserves.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Couldn't agree more. So convenient that they "come to their senses" just in time to save their own sorry lives. Selfish, reprehensible inhuman bastards.

Life in prison with the possibility of parole in 10 years. That's not life. Life should be having to spend the rest of your life in prison with NO possibility of parole. So, she can possibly get out when she's 60? When can the kids get out? Where's the justice?

It's not life, and it's not justice. But it's a hell of a lot better than not guilty by reason of mental defect.

I hope she dies in prison, she doesn't deserve compassion. Maybe it's wrong to think that, but I cannot muster anything even resembling feeling for this individual.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yup, just horrendous. Now, if you had sent her to Afghanistan with a rifle and she "accidentally" shot a kid. That would be alright.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yup, just horrendous. Now, if you had sent her to Afghanistan with a rifle and she "accidentally" shot a kid. That would be alright.

Why even compare the two?

It would be interesting to know how much of a role drugs (legal and illegal) had to play in this.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Why even compare the two?

It would be interesting to know how much of a role drugs (legal and illegal) had to play in this.

You're right, she was more than likely mentally unstable whereas the guys pulling the trigger over there are supposedly perfectly sane. No comparison at all.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You're right, she was more than likely mentally unstable whereas the guys pulling the trigger over there are supposedly perfectly sane. No comparison at all.

I hadn't realized that the intent in Afghanistan was to kill children. You learn something new every day. :smile:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I hadn't realized that the intent in Afghanistan was to kill children. You learn something new every day. :smile:

I know, I know. It's all accidental. No ones fault, except maybe the kids for being in the way. How dare they live in a "war zone".