Yuck

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Man, 30, gives 'birth' to his twin | The Sun |News

A PLUMBER reeled in agony as his stomach ruptured — and the embryonic remains of his TWIN spilled out.
The lumpy mass forced its way out after lying inside Gavin Hyatt's abdomen since he was born 30 years ago.

In a scene echoing the horror movie Alien, Gavin staggered into his GP's surgery bleeding from his belly button.

His stunned GP Dr Joe Santos said: "It was like something from Alien. I didn't believe Gavin when he said something was coming out of his belly button until I saw him."

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Man, 30, gives 'birth' to his twin | The Sun |News

A PLUMBER reeled in agony as his stomach ruptured — and the embryonic remains of his TWIN spilled out.
The lumpy mass forced its way out after lying inside Gavin Hyatt's abdomen since he was born 30 years ago.

In a scene echoing the horror movie Alien, Gavin staggered into his GP's surgery bleeding from his belly button.

His stunned GP Dr Joe Santos said: "It was like something from Alien. I didn't believe Gavin when he said something was coming out of his belly button until I saw him."
I'm afraid to look.

Was it clawing its way out?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Worst thing was he had seen doctors and none could find the problem. Imagine a scan or an xray would have picked up this little fellow now wouldn't it

Did you see the size of it? It's miniscule. And it's human tissue. So it probably wouldn't look like much on an x-ray.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Never can tell and I undestand it came out thru his belly button.

yep. But things like this are exactly why doctors don't want patients getting full body MRI's done willy nilly.... tiny little lumps of god knows what, not identifiable on x-rays, are in every last one of us for an assortment of reasons. Hubby has rocks in his elbow. One friend has lumps of what docs finally figured out are fibreglass in his ears (and they only figured it out by having a lab tech quiz him about past employment, child hood, etc.). I was in hospital for a month when I was 8 to have a tumour removed so alrge it left me needing skin grafts and multiple plastic surgery operations, and docs never did figure out wtf it was. Medicine is not what tv makes it out to be.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
A friend of mines mother developed lumps on the side of her throat. Fearing it was a tumor, they removed the lumps only to discover that they were dormant gills that had suddenly become active. Genetic throwback or mutation developing for future use?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Was it wrong of me to laugh when I saw the size of what the man gave birth to while in agony?

Not at all, when you consider the size of some babies born. Even a small baby causes immense pain for the woman.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Was it wrong of me to laugh when I saw the size of what the man gave birth to while in agony?

lol.... yes it was wrong!! you meanie! lol.

I had a friend very earnestly sit me down once after I'd had my kids, and ask me if he was out of his mind to have been crying and screaming over his kidney stones. He said he actually had nurses scoffing at his agony. I was mortified. I nearly didn't go to the hospital to have my first kid, and decided with my second to actually just stay home. Kidney stone? I was crying for hubby to call an ambulance. Anytime the body is doing something it's not designed to do, I'm highly sympathetic.

I think the more laughable thing given the size of the thing is that they compared it to 'alien'. lol. Methinks it was a slow week and some people were craving drama.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
lol.... yes it was wrong!! you meanie! lol.

I can live with that, lol.

I had a friend very earnestly sit me down once after I'd had my kids, and ask me if he was out of his mind to have been crying and screaming over his kidney stones. He said he actually had nurses scoffing at his agony. I was mortified. I nearly didn't go to the hospital to have my first kid, and decided with my second to actually just stay home. Kidney stone? I was crying for hubby to call an ambulance. Anytime the body is doing something it's not designed to do, I'm highly sympathetic.

I think the more laughable thing given the size of the thing is that they compared it to 'alien'. lol. Methinks it was a slow week and some people were craving drama.

I would be mortified at a nurse that was scoffing as well. I've had a kidney stone and I've had two kids. I'd do childbirth anyday over kidney stones! Hands down, no question.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I can live with that, lol.

I would be mortified at a nurse that was scoffing as well. I've had a kidney stone and I've had two kids. I'd do childbirth anyday over kidney stones! Hands down, no question.

For a while reading the last few posts, I thought I was in "The eel in the bladder" thread.....That must have been the same as passing a kidney stone for a man.
Also, ladies, just remember that for a man to pass a kidney stone the travel distance is greater....meaning probably more painfull.;-)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
For a while reading the last few posts, I thought I was in "The eel in the bladder" thread.....That must have been the same as passing a kidney stone for a man.

I don't know a single man who's purposely passed a kidney stone for thrills, but I'm pretty sure this guy put that eel there on purpose, so you're right, not the same thing at all...lol

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Also, ladies, just remember that for a man to pass a kidney stone the travel distance is greater....meaning probably more painfull.;-)

Well I'm a gonna give you all a choice - a large kidney stone, just large enough where they cannot use surgery or ultrasonics or give birth to a shall we say 10 Lb baby. I know what my choice would be. Do you

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well I'm a gonna give you all a choice - a large kidney stone, just large enough where they cannot use surgery or ultrasonics or give birth to a shall we say 10 Lb baby. I know what my choice would be. Do you

10 lbs they walk out of you dude. Seriously. They do all the work. They're like football players trying to get to the end zone, they just hammer on through.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
10 lbs they walk out of you dude. Seriously. They do all the work. They're like football players trying to get to the end zone, they just hammer on through.

Only having seen the pain my daughter went thru I would go for the kidney stone and some really high end drugs - The drugs would not cause any harm to the kidney stone.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Only having seen the pain my daughter went thru I would go for the kidney stone and some really high end drugs - The drugs would not cause any harm to the kidney stone.

The long and the short of it is... a body functioning properly is always the preferable choice. A healthy birth that goes right, I'll pick that over kidney stones any day. I've done both. The stones are NOT easier, and mine was so small it passed on its own within hours of the pain starting. A bad birth... yeah, those can happen. But there's drugs and surgery for that too. Kidney stones are NEVER gonna go 'right'.