Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Breaking News Alert

The New York Times

Sunday, July 17, 2011 -- 5:25 PM EDT

-----

Japan Wins Women’s World Cup Final

Japan outshot the United States in penalty kicks to win the Women’s World Cup in Frankfurt, Germany. The Japanese twice rallied to tie the score before the shootout.

It was Japan’s first title and its first time in the final. The United States had been hoping to win its third world title.

Read More:

http://www.nytimes.com/?emc=na

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Since the title of the thread appears to be inclusive of all sports, but only soccer has been mentioned, so far, am I being off topic if I mention the Winner of the British Open, Darren Clarke?

After personal tragedy this gentleman came through with courage and dignity.

Congratulations, to Northern Ireland and her favourite son!

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Since the title of the thread appears to be inclusive of all sports, but only soccer has been mentioned, so far, am I being off topic if I mention the Winner of the British Open, Darren Clarke?

Not OT at all, (IMO)........anything sports related , players, scores and other relavent news-bites etc can be tossed in here .

Go for it, YJ. :smile:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
It was sad to see the USA get beaten like that. But Japan won it fair and square.

Luckily, my hero CM Punk won the world wrestling championship and that made me feel better.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

i'm so happy for darren clarke, he is so well liked all over europe, and the west as well. He spoke
so well after the presentation, and i'm sure ireland will be rockin tonight.

just the PGA championship major left, maybe another irishman ?.