Policing Poverty ( Securing Homelessness )

GreenFish66
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

Do you have any solutions? I live in Toronto and many of the homeless people I see are totally incapable of living on their own or holding a job for that matter, they're mentally ill for the most part. On my way to work this morning, I saw a black gent skipping across University Ave, wearing only jogging pants, singing broadway tunes... yup, he's ready to manage his life.

Did You ask any of them if they had any plans for the future?..Perhaps that Black Gent was happy to learn he just earned a Fortune/a Future..

Or did You just assume they didn't have a future?.

Yes , true , there are a lot who need assistance...Would take it,thankfully, if offered...

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Step Up with Solutions

Most of the Problems are due to Addictions/Mental, Physical Disabilites/ Criminal Backgrounds..

Solutions

Mental/Physical Disabilites ....These people need places to live life /Dignity..
.Perhaps appartments specifically set up for these needs...Including proper Security and Social assistance .In house medical.
All in 1 building...

Preferably a Green/CleanTech Building of the Future...Where they can contribute to their own livelyhood..

---------------------------------

Addictions - Most addicts are addicted to pharmaceuticals...Fewer to Street Drugs ..( I am for ..Injection sites )

Appartment Buildings specifically for these addicts...They will be given a place to live provided they attend required classes..
If they fail to attend these required meetings , or spend their rent on drugs ...They will be sent to a more secure Building ...Halfway house, where they will remain, until they prove they deserve their freedom again ...

If addicts do not accept the terms of the rental contract , ending up homeless on the street ...They will be arrested and incarcerated...Only way out is to take manditory classes until the holding facility is satisfied you deserve to leave...

This structure already exists ... Just broken and abused by Government Bureaucracies...This system should be streamlined ..

Yes to injection sites...

Those who want to be helped ... Should be helped ...
Those who don't ..and break the law ...Will be made to conform to the laws of the land...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Criminal Backgrounds... All need a chance for rehabilatation .Unfortunately for all .These people are often not given the chance to prove they can be productive .

Conditional Pardons should be automatically granted after 10 yrs without re-offending....

I believe In Jail House Programs should be manditory... Including addictions programs/ Adjustment programs / Back to work programs\ Living Programs.......

All should be Given Food and Shelter, but continuosly show they deserve it ...

The rest ...Will rot in their cell..

Step Up with Solutions

$12, 000 a yr for food and shelter should be the manditory saftey net ... with Manditory Addictions programs/ Adjustment programs / Back to work programs\ Living Programs

No free Handouts...If An Addict goes to a social worker at a dropin center/Shelter begging for rent money , after spending it all on drugs ..They should be given the money ONLY if they accept the Manditory requirements listed above..

All could Contribute , live a Good healthy/ Productive lifestyle ...in A Green/CleanTech Building of the Future...

Green/Clean Tech (external - login to view)

---------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____...

Living Wage = $12-$14/hr ...$14+ with vehicle ...Is why I think it's important for Car manufacturers to pay a Living Wage...

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Another way to go for the previously mentioned Groups (Recovering Addicts/Special Needs/Ex Cons/Homeless) could be a Co-operative Communitee Living model.

Where residents are required to contribute/ Work in their assigned communitee inorder to recieve Housing/Benefits ...
------

" Step up " Model looks something like ;

Homeless - Monitored/Regulated Apartment Building(Green/Clean Tech Building of the future )
- Co-op Communitee living -Productive Self Sufficient Citizen.

Ex-Con - Halfway House/Shelter - Monitored Apartment Building(Green/Clean Tech Building) -
Co-Op Communitee Living - Productive Self Sufficient Citizen ..

Recovering Addict - Mandatory Rehab facility - Monitored Apartment Building (Green/Clean Tech Building) - Co-Op Communitee Living - Productive Self Suffient Citizen( with temporary, mandatory check ups ) ...

Special Needs - Monitored Apartment Building(Green/Clean Tech Building) - Co-Op Communitee Living - Productive Self Sufficient Citizen( All with necessary assistance) ...

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

There are always people worse off ...Who have bettered themselves( with necessary assistance )..
I've seen it many times..

These people should be Commended/Rewarded/ Acknowledged for their efforts
Last edited by GreenFish66; Sep 28th, 2011 at 08:07 PM..

GreenFish66
Addition to above

All necessary assistance for the " STEP UP" plan mentioned above;- health care, Police Security , employment/placement workers,Social workers, program/class instructors , etc, would all work/be available in the (Green/Clean Tech ) building / Communitee Living Village..

System already exists but is broken, due in part to bureaucratic bickering/tinkering/hoarding of funds...System Needs to be Streamlined...

GreenFish66
Top 1% saw their Wealth increase by 300%, meanwhile, gap between Rich and Poor Grows ever Larger ...More and More Middle Class continue to fall through the gaping Hole...

....Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely ...

Time The Big Players Give Back ...Or go Exploit the People/Environment/Economy Elsewhere..( Problem is ( Globally Speaking )China could/can Ruin us/it all ...)

A Solution - Green/Clean Tech/Step Up Model, is the best way to ensure Sustainability/Prosperity, now, and as we continue to move Forever Positively Forward, into the Future...

Peace or Pieces?

Peace...
Last edited by GreenFish66; Oct 15th, 2011 at 11:00 AM..

GreenFish66
Everyone/Every Living Thing should be given the right of Food/Shelter.Especially in a 1st world country.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFish66View Post

Everyone/Every Living Thing should be given the right of Food/Shelter.Especially in a 1st world country.

Who is to pay for the food/shelter for everyone?

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Why God of course. He created the homeless.

GreenFish66

Everyone Pays.
Everyone Provides Food/Shelter.
Everyone Else, Grows Food/Builds Shelter..

GreenFish66
Surrey MLA Jagrup Brar takes vow of poverty for a month (external - login to view) - Jagrup Brar - NDP Politician will live on Welfare for 1 month.

I've been homeless 3 times ( in Ontario )...Never seemed to be eligible to receive anything.(Dot an "i" wrong, and you can be denied benefits.)
Lived off $300 a month for 1yr.
Lived on streets for 1yr.
Lived in shelters.
Lived in Car.
Mostly though, I've have been caught up with the Working poor , in a cycle of poverty, for the greater part of 10 yrs. Constantly/Continuosly In and out of $10-$11/ hr jobs.( Do to lays offs/End of Contracts/Shortage of work( majority of the times through temp.agencies )).Making just enough for Food/Shelter and Transportation ...Enough to get to work and back ..Little more..

What makes things ever harder is that my passions lie with Music, Writing, Creative Art...It is a constant battle to survive, to suffer through, to be a " Zombie Slave Drone ", an Entrepreneur, in todays diminishing industry..

The system is failing many( More so.. Young to middle age men( Women, Children,and Seniors 1st of course)

This cycle of poor to bust poverty must be addressed and changed immediately..

Best of luck to the Anti-Poverty Coalition and Jagrap Brar ...Especially with A Rep./Con.Harper Gov. Majority...

-------------------------------------------
Wealth gap widens to 30-year high - Business - CBC News - Poor-Rich Gap Continues to Widen
Last edited by GreenFish66; Jan 3rd, 2012 at 11:33 AM..

GreenFish66
Change needed Immediately - Could you please spare some change?..- Sincerely yours - The Hopeful Homeless

- Layed off again!..
- Not Eligible for rent bank /food bank
- Shelter time running out
- Resume is a mess ( due to continuous layoffs and Dead end Temp. work)
- No job security
- Never seem to be eligible for any Gov.programs , including E.I.
- Took 2 months before Gov. even processed my claim to decide I wasn't eligible for benefits..
- Actively looking for work despite high anxiety/ growing feeling of hopelessness -- No I won't give up/Give in...There's got to be something better out there...Somewhere..!
- Swallowed my Pride/Dignity - Applyed for Social assistance...With no Shelter will be lucky to get $200 a month - If accepted at all ...

There has to be something better than this out there --- Somewhere...

The system is broken ....The homeless are broke..

Change is needed..immediately...

Could you please spare some change ?...

Yours sincerely, Humbly ;

The Silenced, yet still hopeful, Homeless..

------------------------------------------------------

( This was written on a Bad day / A Sadurday... )

Heads up

Peace..

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Why should the wealthy be taxed higher ? ...Should be ...Why the Rich should be taxed higher?( again philanthropists, an Exception/ Exempt)

Through tax loop holes/Biz exemptions and other Political/Bureaucratic back scratching; Rich don't pay more; they pay way less than average citizens; yet enjoy the same social programs( + private programs)...Money is continuously stripped from the middle/poor and given to the rich - under the banner of Globalization ..Same ol' same Ol' ...Steal from the middle give to the Poor/Rich..So who needs it more?

...............Time to call in RobinHood?......
Last edited by GreenFish66; Jan 25th, 2012 at 12:24 AM..

GreenFish66

On a lighter note...

GuelphMercury - Homeless teen up for $100,000 science prize gets... (external - login to view) - Homeless teen up for $100,000 science prize gets housing help, donations

GreenFish66
Hopes fade for humane welfare system in Ontario - thestar.com - Carol Goar " As the conversation ended, they tried to explain what it’s like to be poor and disabled in Ontario. “It’s like you’re always being judged and found guilty of some crime,” Koo said. Smith gave it a name: “the crime of being sick.”( and tired)..."

We must all work to ensure that All those who need assistance receive it; can Live(More than just barely survive)off it; and get a hand stepping up, out of; the dizzying/entangling/ensnaring/entrapping(umm?.uh.well..You get the point)cycle of poverty; and Into, a more fair, meaningful, productive lifestyle; where All can move forward; contribute;... where they are able.

Those who have never lived in poverty are ignorant of the system and the fixes that are needed..People in the system know the problems, but most seem unwilling/unable/incapable/powerless to do what needs to be done..

The social system needs to be streamlined/consolidated into categories; into living communitee's; that can better assist/address, more specifically, the needs of people, who need it.

There are solutions, where there is interest; and it is in everyone's interest that all people find a place/a home in our Cities/Towns/Neighbourhoods.

There's a saying; Things don't get any better being bitter..( uh?..or is that, things taste better with butter..Anyway...doesn't matter..rant continues)....
It's hard not to get bitter/withdraw when you never seem to see things getting any better.
Real positive change never seems to come quick enough/when it does at all..

It doesn't have to be this way.

All too often Politicians/Employers seem to, all too conveniently forget, they also rely on public funds.

Ok..Won't get into the blame game. Have to stay positive..

We gotta continue to Move,Forever Positively Forward, into the Future..Together..For the betterment of all..

OK...A solution?.

See "Step up" model above..(a basic solution)

End of Rant .....For now..

Peace...

This rant was your fault Cliffy!(along with the article above)....You got me all riled up on the Artistic Expression site.forums.canadiancontent.net/ar...d-speak-4.html (external - login to view)

I just didn't want to go off topic..Damn you, Cliffy ...

....and breath....Aaaah..Ok.... stress released....For now...

Man.. I wish I could sleep...
Last edited by GreenFish66; Apr 26th, 2012 at 01:41 AM..

Cliffy
+1

This rant was your fault Cliffy!(along with the article above)....You got me all riled up on the Artistic Expression site.forums.canadiancontent.net/ar...d-speak-4.html (external - login to view)

I just didn't want to go off topic..Damn you, Cliffy ...

....and breath....Aaaah..Ok.... stress released....For now...

Man.. I wish I could sleep...

Dude, there is no such thing as poverty in this country. This country has untapped riches that most people do not know how to utilize: wild food. It grows everywhere. Get a good book on edible wild plants, go fishing, go camping, get out of the stifling sickness called cities, out into places where there is still "crown" land. Get a good book on building simple shelters.
Your insomnia is caused by the stress and worry of poverty mentality. You need to get proactive. Sell your computer and anything else that is keeping you tied to the mindless consumer society and head for the hills.

Liberalman
+1
The government is happy to give millions to corporate welfare and they should do the same to the homeless.

GreenFish66
"TEMP"(manufacturing)Jobs are NOT Real Jobs....They are, False/Unsustainable/Unrewarding/Unhealthy/Negative to 0 economic growth, Jobs/Positions...Hence the name "TEMPORARY".

"TEMP" Jobs lead to nowhere but Poverty/Homelessness...

Solution:...Initiatives/(worker)Incentives/innovation/ingenuity(Invention)/permanent, "In" employment.

darkbeaver
+1
If you want to fix poverty and shelter the homeless you have to find some revenue stream that the bankers have overlooked. There isn't any.

GreenFish66
Well said DB ..However,..there are a few revenue streams; but most are Criminal. Lead down the stream, up **** creek, to Jail/Prison...

skookumchuck

"TEMP"(manufacturing)Jobs are NOT Real Jobs....They are, False/Unsustainable/Unrewarding/Unhealthy/Negative to 0 economic growth, Jobs/Positions...Hence the name "TEMPORARY".

"TEMP" Jobs lead to nowhere but Poverty/Homelessness...

Solution:...Initiatives/(worker)Incentives/innovation/ingenuity(Invention)/permanent, "In" employment.

I have a couple young friends (30 ish) who right now are on camp jobs in northern Alberta after leaving poor paying dead end work in BC. They are unskilled but make very good money, stay in camp and do not run out to blow money.
They will build themselves a nest egg to further their education or start a business. Both will likely succeed if only because they do not whine and call themselves "artistic" and therefore are not above utilizing the obvious, work and sacrifice. Nor did either of them cry for assistance from people who have already paid their dues, other than advice.
btw, one of them hitchhiked to Alberta with a sleeping bag, backpack, and nearly no money. Suck it up buttercup.

GreenFish66
Not likely skookumchuck...Bin there, done that...But all the best to them anyway.Good if you like travelling, adventure, no family. Is Still Unsustainable "Temp" work...Hope it all works out for them ...If it doesn't,..would be good to know there's a safety net, that works, for ALL who NEED it..

The Light is Green; The Future Clear..Green/CleanTech is Now, it Is the Future.

.....Just Sayin'...
Last edited by GreenFish66; Sep 26th, 2012 at 12:04 AM..

GreenFish66

Oh ...Just re-reading last couple posts ..Seems I left out ...Investment..

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

What Do I Really NEED/WANT(to be happy)?
Hmmm..(Basically)

Family(Son)/Cloths/Food/My Own Shelter/Friends/Laptop/Internet = Happiness.Pretty Much Sums it up.
...$1000..../...$200../$1200/..........$8400......../......?....../$800($400)/.$500. = 11,400 to $12,000 a year.

Last edited by GreenFish66; Sep 27th, 2012 at 04:26 AM..

TenPenny

Everyone Pays.
Everyone Provides Food/Shelter.

Then there's no problem, you can provide your own food/shelter.

What are you complaining about?

GreenFish66

Then there's no problem, you can provide your own food/shelter.

What are you complaining about?

Actually Ten Penny, 1 can't provide their own food and shelter...on crown land..If 1 could; more would...

I for 1 don't mind paying taxes if I know $$$ is going to those who need it/To the betterment of ALL/To make the country(World) greater as a whole..
Unfortunately $$ is mis-used and abused by Governments / Big Business / Self-Serving Politicians...(by Abusing; misusing taxes(Tax Credits; e.g. oil )).
Hardly any money actually gets to those who really need it / To where $$ was allocated / Used for what $$ was intended for.

$$ is All tied up in bureaucrazies(election pools) / slush funds / advertising..etc.

Where does the $$ Go?
Who are the biggest abusers of Public $$?...

Self Serving Politicians / Their Bureacrazies / Big Biz Buddies

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we are Working/Slaving(?) for Food/Shelter/Transportation to get to work and back.. and nothing more..Then tell me..Truly...What are we doing it All For ?/What is the Point?
Last edited by GreenFish66; Oct 10th, 2012 at 04:44 PM..

GreenFish66
So, what do we do it all for ??....Here's a reminder, as far as I can tell..

We do it all for (In no particular order); Family / Friends / Children / Community / Country / World / God / Happiness / Health / Safety(Security) / Electricity(Energy) / PEACE.....Ect..Ect....On and On...Ad infinitum....

We do it all, so we, together, can continue to move forever positively forward, into an ever greater/brighter future; for all, respectfully / respectively..(where, and if at all possible...( Everything/Anything is possible if/when we put our minds to it..(so it is said)))..and so on and so forth..

Food, shelter,cloths are NEEDED for survival and should be a given( especially in a 1st world, winter country ); where 1 is not permitted, by crown law, to survive on their own..
In most cases basic needs are available..Lets ensure this always remains the case..And that those who are in need know where to receive these basics, without harassment or hassel ..

Over and out there from here, for now..

Peace..

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

For more Solutions to Poverty and Homelessness, go to top of this page .." Step up: with solutions "..

For more of the Future, Go to

forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...lean-tech.html (external - login to view) - Page 1

forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...an-tech-7.html (external - login to view) - Page 7(last page)

The Light is Green..The Future is Clear...Green/Clean Tech is now...It is the Future..
Last edited by GreenFish66; Oct 11th, 2012 at 05:52 PM..

GreenFish66
Community Start Up, Shut Down..(Securing Homelessness/Policing Poverty)

Community start up benefit ended - A Huge Ont.Liberal mistake..

The Poor/Low Income Earners Pay again and yet again.Not only in money but in livelyhood..

Governments seemingly Squandor and Abuse public funds endlessly in an attempt to satisfy the monsterous unsatisfiable/insatiable appetite of self interest ..

Politicians are the biggest abusers of public money; yet it is always the low income population that pays the price..The ultimate price for some..
Some will lose their shelter...End up homeless..No food/No Shelter/No Job/Little Hope...

I have no idea how the Ontario(liberal) Gov. can continue to be so ignorant...Out right Cruel..To the less fortunate...
Cutting The Ontario Community Start Up Program will harm not only harm low income individuals/families; it will hurt community; the whole..
There will be an explosion in homelessness, crime, slums, and shorage of workers .
Low income jobs only accentuate the realities low income earners have to suffer through ..It never seems to end.

When Will Governments learn that you can't continue to treat the population like disposable income/Like Trash/Zombie Slaves Drones?

So, Where does the money go?...

Big Biz...Big Gov.. Continue to squander vast Fortunes of the Populations Money on lame brained schemes, and then take it out of the poors pockets when their ignorance and lack of sense doesn't pay off...

Support the people, and they will support you ...
Cut the people up/out ...
They will come for you ...in mobs..

Is it wise to make jail more Accessible/Equatable than Social Services/Basic Shelter to/for those losing hope ?

When Options are limited and jail begins to look like a forced solution to Misfits and Outcasts, the Whole Community Suffers....Needlessly ..

O.W.( Ontario Works/Social Services) seems to be Riddled with Bad Bureacrazy thanks to Poor Politics.

Are the Ont.Liberal's purposefully causing a fiasco inorder to simply bring to a boil, then settle, that which they stir?
To what benefit?

Seems like plain political **** disturbing to me ...

Why Do The Powers That Be..Continue to; Continuosly, Penny Pinch The Poor?..Endlessy; Needlessly.
Perhaps it is just;...Just beyond me.

GreenFish66
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/01...official-says/ - China to end labour camp sentences, top law enforcement official says..

- Workers From China Headin to Canada...Hopin for a better life..Will probably be sent home after XL Pipe line is built..IF they complain and don't keep taken the poor wages offered..

New EI changes now in effect - Politics - CBC News - New E.I Changes

- Most unemployed wish there was more work..Better paying jobs...

Only need so many Resumes..Places to help Create Resumes..Job Postings on Job Boards, posted mostly by Temp agencies..Jobs Which don't really exist....

Applaud Diane Finley in her attempt to care about the unemployed..

I have a feeling she is mainly working to secure unessential Gov. Jobs..Secure more of the Public money for other Harper Gov. Interests...
Filling the gaps of unfulfilling, un-rewarding, financially and economically unsustainable,under paying, unwanted ...industrial jobs..

People just want work that allows them to live...Work that pays a living wage...

Career training that will help them REALLY improve their skills..Get them where..THEY want...need to go....
Not just where their told to go by Big Grey Biz/Gov Leaders; leaders who really don't care about Canada/Canadians Future...

Finding cheap labour to fill unwanted/unnecessary jobs...( XL..Pipe Lines...Oil Sands..)...and securing more of the peoples money for their own wasteful endeavors..That's The Big Grey Biz of The Big Grey Harper Gov..Little if Nothing more
Last edited by GreenFish66; Jan 7th, 2013 at 08:31 PM..

GreenFish66
So I suppose once the P.M. settles the Aboriginals( Calms the Natives ) he will be meeting with the Premiers to discuss impoverished provinces and their people in poverty.

Please, the Poor don't want your Pity or your Pennies; they're Pro Life.
The People need Progress.
So Please excuse all my Spittin', Sprayin and P'in all over the Place.
I don't mean it to be disrespectful, disgusting, or impolite.
I'm just sayin'( and Spewin', no more)

P.S.
No problems if you don't read this Post out loud

Peace..

1 man says to another man..." Sir, Ya mind? Ur a P'n all over the Place! "
Other man says..." Yeah, Ur right, there is, I know; and no, I don't mind. So if ya don't mind kind sir. I got me some Bitniz to finish up wit here."
And at that; they both went their separate ways.

Point P'n; I mean...Point Bein' ?

Watch when Ur a P'n. Where you do your Bitniz...I suppose?

And at that. I say Peace again.
Over and out there from here.
Peace....Again.

GreenFish66
Is Governmental Fraud Ever Justifiable?(Abuse in a Social System ? Who To Do The Review?)

1 of the biggest complaints, or issues commented on, by people who have been unfortunate enough to be caught in the Social Services System; More specifically the "Welfare" department, is with over payment Accusations.
And, With the Social Services department(Welfare System) falsely, without adequate evidence or sufficient cause, deducting O.P. (Over Payment) charges from already struggling recipients. What's worse is when recipients try to appeal, repeal the decision they are sent through a bias, unfair process that apparently stinks of abuse, mismanagement and further harassment.

Questions would be.

Are these accusations true?

How much, in O.P. Charges, is collected by "Welfare"/ Social Service departments annually ?

How much is actually warranted/Legal/Justifiable/Proven to be owed?

Where does O.P money go?

I believe there should be some kind of review or investigation into these accusations and complaints by recipients as well as a review of the system as a whole; just to make sure these people are being given a fair chance to climb out of their misfortune, and given a real chance at living a somewhat normal, acceptable lifestyle. Perhaps even excel and succeed in spite of the their odds.

But Who to do the review?

------------------------------
Food For Thought

- Which is Worse?

Someone who would make an extra claim out of a struggling need; perhaps unknowingly, due to shady, non-specific, conflicting, widely interchangeable, multi-interpret-able, regulations?

OR

A Gov. System that would overly penalize that person with an excessive/unjustifiable O.P., along with an unfair, untimely Resolution/Appeal/Repeal/Judgement Process?

Can Fraud Ever Be Justified?

Is Governmental Fraud Ever Justifiable?

And Who Would Do The Review?
Last edited by GreenFish66; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 07:30 PM..

GreenFish66

Is Governmental Fraud Ever Justifiable?(Abuse in a Social System ? Who To Do The Review?)

1 of the biggest complaints, or issues commented on, by people who have been unfortunate enough to be caught in the Social Services System; More specifically the "Welfare" department, is with over payment Accusations.
And, With the Social Services department(Welfare System) falsely, without adequate evidence or sufficient cause, deducting O.P. (Over Payment) charges from already struggling recipients. What's worse is when recipients try to appeal, repeal the decision they are sent through a bias, unfair process that apparently stinks of abuse, mismanagement and further harassment.

Questions would be.

Are these accusations true?

How much, in O.P. Charges, is collected by "Welfare"/ Social Service departments annually ?

How much is actually warranted/Legal/Justifiable/Proven to be owed?

Where does O.P money go?

I believe there should be some kind of review or investigation into these accusations and complaints by recipients as well as a review of the system as a whole; just to make sure these people are being given a fair chance to climb out of their misfortune, and given a real chance at living a somewhat normal, acceptable lifestyle. Perhaps even excel and succeed in spite of the their odds.

But Who to do the review?

------------------------------
Food For Thought

- Which is Worse?

Someone who would make an extra claim out of a struggling need; perhaps unknowingly, due to shady, non-specific, conflicting, widely interchangeable, multi-interpret-able, regulations?

OR

A Gov. System that would overly penalize that person with an excessive/unjustifiable O.P., along with an unfair, untimely Resolution/Appeal/Repeal/Judgement Process?

Can Fraud Ever Be Justified?

Is Governmental Fraud Ever Justifiable?

And Who Would Do The Review?

Extra Info (For any who care, to know...)

Accusation of Over payment amount... - $2200
Amount claimant made in total while receiving assistance... - $1800
Amount owed after first appeal/review... - $2200
Amount owed after 2nd review/repeal with Legal Aid (without all info)...- $1100
Amount actually Owed ( with all info ) - 0-$250 ( Depending on interpretation of regulations )
Time To Wait before Tribunal review of O.P accusation - 7 months...

How many people never get a fair hearing? .....???$$$$$$???......

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Stories From The Street Walls (Shh... The Walls have Ears.They Also Speak; In Echoes..If You listen.)

Found; A Genius Lost In His Own Mind.

Guy doesn't look mental.
Some would say that's the problem.Why he puts up with so much abuse.
He doesn't think he's mental..
Really he isn't..Just couldn't find what suits him..
He is a genius at a lot of things..
Yet can't grasp some other more common ideas..
Passed from job to job...Life on the streets...kicked from shelter to shelter..Outcast..Misfit...
There was one who knew..After time..1 Great Lady..A Lady of Faith..Hope..Our Great lady...Helped him find his way..

He was excellent with computers...could take them apart and put them back together with ease; like a Rocket Scientist might a Kids Toy Model Rocket...

He now makes a fine living, working at a computer recycling facility, despite his struggle with Asperger's Syndrome.

---------------------------------------------

Caught in the Loop of Lunacy

Lady was kicked out of social housing after drug bust at her place..
Band from returning...
Hooked on crack...
Stayed at shelter for some time...Limited Time ...little more allowed than 30 days..
Was offered a place from a caring friend...No questions asked..Offered the whole upstairs; with few conditions...No drugs...No alcohol...No unfavorable's...She had to attend drug counselling; seek help..
She did not accept this friends hand..
Instead she used the system to plead, through tears, her situation ..She was given mercy..Forgiven of all she had been convicted of; and jumped the infamous 82 week social Housing waiting list, to end up where she started..In Social Housing hooked on Crack...Still caught within the loop of lunacy...

-------------------------------------------------

Never To Old To Go Home - ( An Invitation From Mom..)

Lady I know...Stayed by me ..For a little while...
Said she had no where to go...
She stayed in shelters...Here and there..
Met her time and time again ...Still she would stay ...Nowhere..
She fought with Many Afflictions and constant addiction ..Her stay with me never long...
The one person she fought with most ..Was her Mom..And the Invitation; to come home...
After months on the streets..with me...and in shelters...
She was given a place .. Ahead of the rest, on the Social Housing Waiting list...
She now lives, on her own...Afflicted, Addicted...For how long..Who knows...
Her mom still calls..Invites her home...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRE! FIRE!!!...( No need for alarm )

He wanted to roast his wieners...Make some hot-dogs..But he had no means of cooking them..
So he checked out the regulations ...That said ...You could have a fire in your back yard...As long as it was a certain distance from your place.
He proceeded to follow the rules: Dig a Pit...Find some large stones to surround the pit...He even found a grill to place on top of the pit...And a Bucket of Water..
He started a fire ...Not too small...Not to large..An Adequate Fire, one just perfect for a wiener roast..He even invited others to join him..There were lots of hot-dogs to share..More than he could ever eat on his own...
FIRE!...FIRE!!!! - People shouted..Look at that man ...Roasting hot-dogs over that fire...
Police Cars..Ambulance...Fire Engines...Screamed to the Fire...Kicked over the Bucket of water, while only but having, to stomp out, the fire ...

The man was Bewildered as to why all the fuse ..He had followed all the rules.He saw no harm in the fire..He invited everyone around...It was just a wiener roast..He was hungry .." Why all the fuss Officer..?" He asked..

"..Not allowed to have a fire in a parking lot......" was the response.

This man was evicted from his place...His room ...He has jumped from shelter to shelter..never able to find a home..and has been on the infamous 82 week Social Housing waiting list for about 52 weeks now..With still 82 weeks left to wait...He has been homeless..On the streets for most of that time...I speak with him often..He sits by me, and talks non stop, from time to time.Where few Stop.None, for long..Against This Wall..
Still to this day sees nothing wrong with what he had done..He laughs about it ..As do I ...Albeit, I, for added reasons..

When he does leave, back to where ever it is he now goes...
" Camping " he says ..
I've been invited, but am yet to go..
I can't help but wonder. Kinda funny is the thought..at first.. ending; somewhat disturbed, concerned...
Perhaps one day I'll ask..
Where exactly it is, he lives?
Where does he eat..?
And most of all; where it is, he roasts his wieners, now ?
Last edited by GreenFish66; Feb 4th, 2013 at 08:38 PM..

GreenFish66
#BellLetsTalk

Stories From The Street Walls (Shh... The Walls have Ears.They Also Speak; In Echoes..If You'll listen.)

Found; A Genius Lost In His Own Mind.

Guy doesn't look mental.
Some would say that's the problem.Why he puts up with so much abuse.
He doesn't think he's mental..
Really he isn't..Just couldn't find what suits him..
He is a genius at a lot of things..
Yet can't grasp some other more common ideas..
Passed from job to job...Life on the streets...kicked from shelter to shelter..Outcast..Misfit...
There was one who knew..After time..1 Great Lady..A Lady of Faith..Hope..Our Great lady...Helped him find his way..

He was excellent with computers...could take them apart and put them back together with ease; like a Rocket Scientist might a Kids Toy Model Rocket...

He now makes a fine living, working at a computer recycling facility, despite his struggle with Asperger's Syndrome.

---------------------------------------------

Caught in the Loop of Lunacy

Lady was kicked out of social housing after drug bust at her place..
Band from returning...
Hooked on crack...
Stayed at shelter for some time...Limited Time ...little more allowed than 30 days..
Was offered a place from a caring friend...No questions asked..Offered the whole upstairs; with few conditions...No drugs...No alcohol...No unfavorable's...She had to attend drug counselling; seek help..
She did not accept this friends hand..
Instead she used the system to plead, through tears, her situation ..She was given mercy..Forgiven of all she had been convicted of; and jumped the infamous 82 week social Housing waiting list, to end up where she started..In Social Housing hooked on Crack...Still caught within the loop of lunacy...

-------------------------------------------------

Never To Old To Go Home - ( An Invitation From Mom..)

Lady I know...Stayed by me ..For a little while...
Said she had no where to go...
She stayed in shelters...Here and there..
Met her time and time again ...Still she would stay ...Nowhere..
She fought with Many Afflictions and constant addiction ..Her stay with me never long...
The one person she fought with most ..Was her Mom..And the Invitation; to come home...
After months on the streets..with me...and in shelters...
She was given a place .. Ahead of the rest, on the Social Housing Waiting list...
She now lives, on her own...Afflicted, Addicted...For how long..Who knows...
Her mom still calls..Invites her home...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRE! FIRE!!!...( No need for alarm )

He wanted to roast his wieners...Make some hot-dogs..But he had no means of cooking them..
So he checked out the regulations ...That said ...You could have a fire in your back yard...As long as it was a certain distance from your place.
He proceeded to follow the rules: Dig a Pit...Find some large stones to surround the pit...He even found a grill to place on top of the pit...And a Bucket of Water..
He started a fire ...Not too small...Not to large..An Adequate Fire, one just perfect for a wiener roast..He even invited others to join him..There were lots of hot-dogs to share..More than he could ever eat on his own...
FIRE!...FIRE!!!! - People shouted..Look at that man ...Roasting hot-dogs over that fire...
Police Cars..Ambulance...Fire Engines...Screamed to the Fire...Kicked over the Bucket of water, while only but having, to stomp out, the fire ...

The man was Bewildered as to why all the fuse ..He had followed all the rules.He saw no harm in the fire..He invited everyone around...It was just a wiener roast..He was hungry .." Why all the fuss Officer..?" He asked..

"..Not allowed to have a fire in a parking lot......" was the response.

This man was evicted from his place...His room ...He has jumped from shelter to shelter..never able to find a home..and has been on the infamous 82 week Social Housing waiting list for about 52 weeks now..With still 82 weeks left to wait...He has been homeless..On the streets for most of that time...I speak with him often..He sits by me, and talks non stop, from time to time.Where few Stop.None, for long..Against This Wall..
Still to this day sees nothing wrong with what he had done..He laughs about it ..As do I ...Albeit, I, for added reasons..

When he does leave, back to where ever it is he now goes...
" Camping " he says ..
I've been invited, but am yet to go..
I can't help but wonder. Kinda funny is the thought..at first.. ending; somewhat disturbed, concerned...
Perhaps one day I'll ask..
Where exactly it is, he lives?
Where does he eat..?
And most of all; where it is, he roasts his wieners, now ?

__________________________________________________ ______________________
__________________________________________________ ______________________

"Step Up" Proposal - ( With Solutions )

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Most of the Problems are due to Addictions/Mental, Physical Disabilities/ Criminal Backgrounds..
Some are simply Outcasts and Misfits...All deserve a fair chance to live life to the fullest...

Solutions?

Mental/Physical Disabilities ... Not too much can be done about this ...These people need places to live/Dignity..
.Perhaps apartments specifically set up for these needs...Including proper Security and Social assistance .In house medical.
All in 1 building...

Preferably a Green/CleanTech Building of the Future...Where they can contribute to their own lively-hood..

---------------------------------

Addictions - Most addicts are addicted to pharmaceuticals...Fewer to Street Drugs ..( I am for ..Injection sites )

Apartment Buildings specifically for these addicts...They will be given a place to live provided they attend required classes..
If they fail to attend these required meetings , or spend their rent on drugs ...They will be sent to a more secure Building ...Halfway house, where they will remain, until they prove they deserve their freedom again ...

If addicts do not accept the terms of the rental contract , ending up homeless on the street ...They will be arrested and incarcerated...Only way out is to take mandatory classes until the holding facility is satisfied you deserve to leave...

This structure already exists ... Just broken and abused by Government Bureaucracies...This system should be streamlined ..

Yes to injection sites...

Those who want to be helped ... Should be helped ...
Those who don't ..and break the law ...Will be made to conform to the laws of the land...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Criminal Backgrounds... All need a chance for rehabilitation .Unfortunately for all .These people are often not given the chance to prove they can be productive .

Conditional Pardons should be automatically granted after 10 yrs without re-offending....

I believe Jail House Programs should be mandatory... Including addictions programs/ Adjustment programs / Back to work programs\ Living Programs.......

All should be Given Food and Shelter ...

$12, 000 a yr for food and shelter should be the mandatory safety net ... with Mandatory Addictions programs/ Adjustment programs / Back to work programs\ Living Programs

No Free Handouts(Besides Basic FOOD and SHELTER); Guaranteed Hand Up...

If An Addict goes to a social worker at a drop-in center/Shelter begging for rent money , after spending it all on drugs ..They should be given the money ONLY if they accept the Mandatory requirements listed above..

All Can Contribute; live a Good, healthy, Productive Lifestyle.. Given A Fair Chance.

(...in A Green/CleanTech Building of the Future..
forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...lean-tech.html (external - login to view) - Green/Clean Tech is Now...Is The Future.)

---------------------------------------------------

There are always people worse off ...Who have bettered themselves..
I've seen it many times..

These people should be Commended/Rewarded/ Acknowledged for their efforts...
Last edited by GreenFish66; Feb 12th, 2013 at 06:32 PM..

GreenFish66
Re- Temporary( Foreign ) Worker Programs/Policies...+

(Set To Lead...Not To Fail)

Many Trainable Canadians looking for Full-Time Work.
Many Hoping Temp. Jobs will Lead To Full-Time.

Corporate Welfare is running rampant; is being Abused/Misused by Gov./Companies.
Canadians don't seem to Qualify for Jobs/Gov. Training programs.
(Harper Action plan seems more like Conservative Advertising/Propaganda than any result returning program)

Canadians Looking for Full-Time Work are turned down, in Favor of Temp.(Foreign) Workers; Due to Tax Credits; Shady Gov.- Big Biz Partnerships and Practices/Benefits/Corporate Welfare....This trend has got to stop.It is Not good for Canada, Canadians or Foreign Immigrant Workers looking for a place to call Home.

Big Biz / Gov...Too Big To Fail?

If we don't curb these Shady Gov - Big Biz Partnerships/Practices there is a good chance our Accommodating/Hospitable/Caring Communities/Country will become the home(?) to many more Under Employed/Poor/Poverty Riddled/Slum Dwellers...

Too Big To Fail... Is No good for anyone. Not even the dwindling few...Who seem to be..... Too Big To Fail...

Where there are those Too Big To Fail...There are many more Set Up to.

Let's(continue to)build a Fair/Democratic/Sustainable/Empowered/Strong 1st World Country, Set to Lead ...Not To Fail.
Last edited by GreenFish66; Apr 12th, 2013 at 06:25 PM..

GreenFish66
Well-Fair / Well-Being Indicators.

https://uwaterloo.ca/canadian-index-wellbeing/ (external - login to view) - Well-Being Indicator

1.3 Reporting the well-being of the nation more accurately | Green Party of Canada (external - login to view) - G.P.I indicator

Well-Fair Indicator?

IF Minimum Wage was set with cost of living; based on over-all increases in economy and individual business profit.It could be used as an indicator of how well a Country/Province/Municipality/Company/Person was fairing in that given region/economy;... Gov./Big Biz wouldn't be able to play as many games with peoples Welfare...They would be more accountable to the people...Markets would be more accurate at reflecting true economic value.

Maybe Call it a Well-fair indicator?