Resurrection of Conservative Youth Wing:


taxslave
#61
Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68View Post

Cliffy, you need to remember that extreme leftists have killed just as many people as those on the extreme right. Totalitarians exist at BOTH extremes (which is part of the reason I prefer to be a centrist.. although in many parts of Canada, that means I am branded a right winger because I don't agree with an unbridled leftist agenda).

As to youth oriented political organizations, I think you are wrong: if young people share the values of a party and want to support it in an organized fashion (and learn/become more involved in the political process at the same time) who are we to say they can't? Does your statement mean you feel the voting age should be raised to 25 as well? If thats the case maybe we shouldn't tax those under 25 either since taxation without representation is undemocratic.

I like the idea of the Conservative youth wing being reborn, just as I like the idea of the Young Liberals and the idea of a youth NDP organization: young people are the future of the country and they need to not only be involved but know how the system works.

But leftards murder for a cause so it is OK.
 
Cliffy
+2
#62
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Nothing wrong with Young anything ... as long as "adults" aren't spoon-feeding narrow-mindedness and hatred to them.

Oh, you mean like this?

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

But leftards murder for a cause so it is OK.

That kinda sums it up.
 
Omicron
+1
#63
http://tunes.digitalock.com/goodvibrations.mp3 <-- click here to hear the music I am listening to while typing this.

Well, what would the "Conservative" (aka Reform Coalition) teach their kids to do?

That to be a good leader you look at all the dispirit interests of all the different cultures and subcultures within your domain and figure out ways for most, if not all, of them to have the lives they want without hurting each other...

Or do you pick one ideology, and hammer it through like a Spanish Inquisition?

For example, do you *really* want to give corporations tax cuts if they're not re-investing the money back to where they made their money from in the first place?

Any humble numb-nut would see that a way to tie tax-cuts to the economy in order to result in job creation would see that for people to have jobs to have money to spend in order for the economy to go would see it be to make salaries and wages the conditional deductibles comprising the same as tax-cuts insolong as the money gets spent back.

That's how Japan did it with no land and no resources. The deal was insolong as people worked, then the leaders would make sure the money stayed in the economy.

They are very smart people.

You want to know the most powerful free-trade agreement in the world? Japan and Canada.

They're intelligent, they work, they're smart, all they need is resources, and they'd even make a deal where they'll be happy living as Japanese in Japan while Canadians live in Canada. This I know to be true.

(at this point the previous tune ran out, so this is the tune I am listening to now; my own remix)
http://tunes.digitalock.com/raggleta...o_dancemix.mp3 <-- click to play what I am listening to while typing.

Options are, 1) let Uncle Sam have the resources, in which case those will get resold to China while a bunch of NY MBA coke-head market traders relay it, 2) let those resources go to China directly, in which case you're feeding an overpopulated dragon, or 3) trade with Japan... developers of the world's most advanced technology... in need of help since they let some market traders knock them down in the early 90's like the US did to it-and-us three years ago...

That way we have the nation with the best technological attitude hooked up with the nation having the best resources.

Make part of the deal we get their products "duty-free". I've been keeping on this, and even though Japan is struggling, they somehow have an attitude used to it, and are still inventing and putting to local market household and personal implements of technology ten years ahead. They're just not flogging them like they used to. Let's get in there an be the first to use that hot new stuff they are inventing.

I have talked about this with Japanese (who hate Chinese) and they agree, but their concern is Canadians don't have enough vision nor state of long-term honor to do things proper for long term survival. They think Torontonians can only compare themselves to New York, the place to have created the global recession we are still in.

Anyway... there it is... a way to fix it, at least for Canadians and Japanese... with Japanese leaders saying they'll do it in a second and the only historical obstacle being lame Canadian leadership and weak citizen willpower.
Last edited by Omicron; Jun 14th, 2011 at 01:17 AM..
 
cranky
+2
#64
Q: What is better than joining a left wing youth group?

A: Not being a retard.
 
mentalfloss
#65
 
lone wolf
+1
#66
Keep da Conservatives offa da road.... They fly into a rage if they're passed on the left....
 
mentalfloss
#67
I posted this in the strike thread.. Seems to be the perfect real-world exemplification of how this left/right bullcrap is ruining us.
--

You know what's funny though.. one union could be worth keeping.. another one could be tossed..

..but because we're still stuck in the left/right dichotomy, we'll never know because people are still stupid enough to condemn or praise all of them in allegiance to their party of choice. Meanwhile, the government runs away with our money by stoking that flame instead of doing their job and actually looking into the particulars of each union.

Now if that isn't a reason to give up this left/right charade, I don't know what is.
 
lone wolf
#68
A lot of people need labels.... It's like the lines on the hospital floor ... the label on the Skilsaw that says: Warning: Do not stand in water while operating this electrical device.... Don't have to think? Just don't then. One leads to the other....
Note the neat "Sarcastic purple", cherry pickers
 
mentalfloss
#69
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

A lot of people need labels.... It's like the lines on the hospital floor ... the label on the Skilsaw that says: Warning: Do not stand in water while operating this electrical device.... Don't have to think? Just don't then. One leads to the other....
Note the neat "Sarcastic purple", cherry pickers

I could only wish some of the posters on this forum were actually being sarcastic.
 
lone wolf
+1
#70

YouTube - Monkey See Monkey Do Cliff Crofford

 
petros
#71
Something like this is fine by me.

http://mobilize.org/


The mission of Mobilize.org is to improve the way democracy works by investing in Millennial-driven solutions.
Mobilize.org believes that in order to create long-term, sustainable and community based solutions to the challenges facing our generation, Millennials (young adults born between the years 1976 and 1996) must authentically engage their peers in identifying problems, proposing solutions, and most importantly, must work together to implement these solutions on their campuses and in their communities.

There is a whole whack of non or all partisan youth political groups that work together to deal with issues that concern them all.

People & Politics
 
Nuggler
#72
Quote: Originally Posted by crankyView Post

What does all the sarcasm mean in this thread? are you saying that a right wing youth program is a bad idea, or are you saying that ALL political youth groups are a bad idea?

Please temporarily put down you shield of implied claims and inuendo, and show us what you stand for.


Ziss vass a yoke, und I vass comparing ze HITLER YOUTH mit der HARPER YOUTH. .............HA HA??

ZER ISSS NO YOUTHEN HARPO.............ZO VE ARE TOLD.............AT LEAST NOT YETT...................HA HA?

Figured our dictator may as well have his "youth" groupen. Why be outdone by a shmuck like Adolph..........nein??

HA HA??

Figured I may as well get my licks in while we still have SOME freedom of speech, (amongst other things), left.

Sorry, did I say left..................I meant remaining....................HA HA??

If you cannot be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.
 
CDNBear
+1
#73
Quote: Originally Posted by AndemView Post

I was actually wondering what ever happened to Westmanguy. I didn't know that he was openly gay.. who'd have thought.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Quote of Westmanguy....
Sounds more like open gay bashing to me.

Yep, he spewed a lot of hate. He was struggling with inner demons. He finally stopped lying to himself and came out of the closet. He's a totally different person now.

Back when the Liberals flirted with a coalition with the Bloc, he started a petition and then a march on Parliament Hill.

He's a member of the Young Conservatives, met with the PM, and attends University.

His FaceBook is filled with photos of a much happier young man. I couldn't be more happy for him.

Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

Hurts when I'm wrong.................................ergo, most of the time

Then don't be.
 
petros
+1
#74
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Yep, he spewed a lot of hate. He was struggling with inner demons. He finally stopped lying to himself and came out of the closet. He's a totally different person now.

Back when the Liberals flirted with a coalition with the Bloc, he started a petition and then a march on Parliament Hill.

He's a member of the Young Conservatives, met with the PM, and attends University.

His FaceBook is filled with photos of a much happier young man. I couldn't be more happy for him.

That's good to hear. I watched my bro go through the samething. When he snapped out of it he realized friends and family were already aware long before he was and it didn't matter to us..

Brandon isn't exactly the type of place I'd want to come out of the closet that is for sure. Oi vey!
 
Omicron
#75
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

I posted this in the strike thread.. Seems to be the perfect real-world exemplification of how this left/right bullcrap is ruining us.
--

You know what's funny though.. one union could be worth keeping.. another one could be tossed..

..but because we're still stuck in the left/right dichotomy, we'll never know because people are still stupid enough to condemn or praise all of them in allegiance to their party of choice. Meanwhile, the government runs away with our money by stoking that flame instead of doing their job and actually looking into the particulars of each union.

Now if that isn't a reason to give up this left/right charade, I don't know what is.

http://tunes.digitalock.com/gimmesympathy.mp3 <-- click to hear what I am listening to while typing.

Precisely.

Diabolical superstition is always an option, but however it happened, the line got drawn the wrong way.

It is said the line is from noon to 6:00, dividing between left and right.

When in fact the true line is from 9:00 to 3:00, dividing between above and below; ahead and behind.

Below we have lower left: Stalin, and lower right: Hitler. What difference of destruction did it make for one to be left and the other right?

In the upper half we have good-right; independent and loving of knowing to get anything done there must be a good boss of many, initiating great projects with nothing in the way...

And good-left, loving to hang out in excellent company to achieve massive accomplishments of civilization impossible for anyone to do alone, and sharing the hit for noone to get killed standalone.
Last edited by Omicron; Jun 15th, 2011 at 12:44 AM..
 

Similar Threads

2
Left-Wing or Right-Wing
by poliminister | Jan 21st, 2011
0
The Resurrection Men
by Blackleaf | Aug 6th, 2007
no new posts