Blues

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Blues music - I like that as well

A fellow I have seen live twice - Man he can sing - Canadian Singer Matt Andersen won the 26th International Blues Challenge Saturday night, performing before fans and judges at Orpheum Theatre in Memphis, TN.

Read more: Grady Champion, Matt Andersen Win 26th International Blues Challenge - Blogcritics Music

Grady Champion, Matt Andersen Win 26th International Blues Challenge - Blogcritics Music

YouTube - When My Angel Gets The Blues - Matt Andersen

YouTube - Matt Andersen - So Gone Now - Moncton, NB

YouTube - I'm On Fire - Matt Andersen

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Do you play?

No. I have no musical ability but I have a great appreciation for all music though. I think I kicked a musician in a previous life. Now I'm cursed with the desire to play but a complete lack of talent.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No. I have no musical ability but I have a great appreciation for all music though. I think I kicked a musician in a previous life. Now I'm cursed with the desire to play but a complete lack of talent.
It's never too late to learn. If you tried as a kid it was probably patience that held you back more than rhythm or dexterity. I started with 3 valve brass as a kid after failing miserably with guitar. No matter how hard I tried my fingers wouldn't fing. At 25 I started up guitar again and have since added fiddle and upright bass to to the skill set. Patience and confidence made all the difference. Give it a shot. You have nothing to lose. There are plenty of tabs online and great videos to learn from without feeling frustrated and self conscious with an instructor.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
It's never too late to learn. If you tried as a kid it was probably patience that held you back more than rhythm or dexterity. I started with 3 valve brass as a kid after failing miserably with guitar. No matter how hard I tried my fingers wouldn't fing. At 25 I started up guitar again and have since added fiddle and upright bass to to the skill set. Patience and confidence made all the difference. Give it a shot. You have nothing to lose. There are plenty of tabs online and great videos to learn from without feeling frustrated and self conscious with an instructor.

Excellent advice. Lots of people, myself included can pick up an instrument later in life and enjoy it rather than suffer the practice during youth. Adults have better sense of discipline too. So start a thread on gear. :love5: