The Vaccine Song

Tonington
I apologize in advance for another vaccine thread, but this song really deserves it's own thread.

YouTube - The Vaccine Song

Ron in Regina
That's a catchy toon! If you don't listen too closely to the words, your toes
start tapping. That would be good backwoods driving music. I like it.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

That's a catchy toon! If you don't listen too closely to the words, your toes
start tapping. That would be good backwoods driving music. I like it.

I thought it was a funny piece with a humourous take on a serious message.

Ron in Regina
+1
#4  Top Rated Post
I think I might burn that one onto a CD for the car. Fit it in between Alabama
and George Jones.

petros
Will Jenny McCarthy still look good in a bikini when she gets shingles?

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

I apologize in advance for another vaccine thread, but this song really deserves it's own thread.

Cute.

Like I said, if one doesn't want to chance a vaccine having the minute amount of mercury in it (or whatever the reason), get a vaccine that doesn't have the stuff in it. Don't risk your kids life by opening her chances of getting a variety of diseases by refusing vaccines altogether. That's just incredibly stupid.

CDNBear
Don't get suckered in by this song, Tonnington is part of Big Pharma's conspiracy!!!

Tonington
+1
Big pharma? Only if you're a fish! But we do refer to big Pharma in our meetings from time to time

Johnnny
thats a pretty cool song

Tonington
Clinical examples of pertussis (a disease on the rise), a not infrequent killer of children who become infected by the Bordetella pertussis bacterium.

YouTube - Clinical Examples of Pertussis

CDNBear
+1
But Tonnington Big Pharma provides nothing but lies and scams!!!???

Dude, seriously, that was hard to watch. Disturbing would be an understatement, I had a hard time eating my bannock after watching that. I'm glad my boys were immunized for everything, and are happy and healthy.

Tonington
Yup. It is disturbing. A completely preventable disease...

CDNBear

Yup. It is disturbing. A completely preventable disease...

As a parent, I don't think I could live with myself if I allowed through ignorance, my child to suffer so horribly.

People need to acquaint themselves with the other side of the facts. It's ok to question the effectiveness, use of, or side effects of, vaccines. But you really must also weigh the costs if you don't have your children immunized.

I can't see myself putting my child at risk, because I have an inkling of an issue with Big Pharma.

The cost is too high.

Do I think Big Pharma, and I use the term loosely here, needs to be constantly testing and redeveloping vaccines to ensure the highest standards and safety? Yes. Do I believe that we should stop vaccinating our children in the short term? Absolutely not. It should be crime to do so.

Tonington
+1
Really though. Pharmaceuticals should be held to a high standard, and to a certain extent they are. It's when things like Pfizer and their promotion to doctors, who in turn promoted drugs for illness and conditions they were never intended, or rather shown to be an effective and safe treatment for, that the high standards are really lacking. I'm not involved with that aspect, and the Big pharmaceuticals are actually several divisions. My work in animal health is quite different than what goes on in the Big Pharma side of our company, and we even differentiate in that way. Big Pharma makes the human stuff, our interaction with them is small, like tech transfer, and sometimes management moves around.

There's more bureaucracy in the company I work for than there is in most government departments...

But anyways, that's something else altogether. Educating yourself as a parent regarding the health of your children is the ethical thing to do. Unfortunately for some kids, their parents just don't know the difference between actual risks, and the inflated risk peddled by the nutters out there.

CDNBear

Educating yourself

Not to negate the rest of your post, but those two words need to be repeated endlessly and with great vigor.

Just in case you missed my about face on Big Pharma. Which I blame on you, lol. Between you and ITN, all the conspiracies that I used to love so much, are all fading away. Damn you!!!

Tonington
+1
Oh I still have a contemptuous vein for big Pharma, it's just more nuanced after seeing glimpses of the beast. However much of what gets said about Pharmaceuticals is untrue.

AnnaG
+1

Clinical examples of pertussis (a disease on the rise), a not infrequent killer of children who become infected by the Bordetella pertussis bacterium.

Can't watch that all the way through.
Pertussis is definitely better than the extremely remote possibility of vaccine causing autism, though.

Tonington
I couldn't either. I think I watched as far as the second child...

Tonington

YouTube - Vaccinations