IYO - Most overrated musical talent (so to speak) today?

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Who do you believe is truly the most overrated and least talented singer out there?

- hands down, Ke$ha. ugh, she's terrible and they are marketing her stupid singing method of her teenage "WhatEver!!" talking in her music.

know what I mean? teenagers saying "whatEver!!, ya know?? like.."

that sort of way. it's extremely annoying and very repetitive.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Bob Dylan. So so guitar player, so so harmonica player, my dogs can sing better. Good writer, though.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
well, they've shown in the world that you don't necessarily have to be able to sing to be successful. lots of those kind out there.
Of course. There are all kinds of musical talents. There's instrument playing talent, singing talent, writing talent, etc. Dylan is a good writer, but that's all.
I'm not sure what a Ke$ha is, I don't listen to a lot of pop (I'm assuming that is what genre this Ke$ha does).

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Who do you believe is truly the most overrated and least talented singer out there?

- hands down, Ke$ha. ugh, she's terrible and they are marketing her stupid singing method of her teenage "WhatEver!!" talking in her music.

know what I mean? teenagers saying "whatEver!!, ya know?? like.."

that sort of way. it's extremely annoying and very repetitive.

If you're referring to people on the charts currently, I'd have to agree with you.

If you're referring to people who've been on the charts in the past, the music industry in general, I dunno. I have never been able to understand the appeal of AC/DC, for example. I cannot figure out how anyone can stand to listen to it.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Good thing there's more than one station then. Constantly hearing the same top 40 tunes over and over and over and over again is enough to keep me away from pop stations, but I don't advertise my annoyance with them.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Have you seen the Youtube video where someone took Ke$sha's song 'tik tok' and put scenes from Star Trek to it? It's awesome. Whoever made that video has far more talent than she.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Janis Joplin....nails on a chalkboard.:roll:

Today I'd say it would be Katie Perry or any band who uses a voice synthesizer....I frickin hate that.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
What I dislike is the current trend to use computers to correct singing that is off-key...then when the performers go live, you discover that they can't actually sing.