A-Team: The Movie

miniboss

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2007
So, they made a movie from the old series, "The A-Team". I don't think that I can see this movie, because Liam Neeson as Hannibal, ruins it for me. I think he was severely mis-cast. So I'm posing the question to you, who do you think would make a good Hannibal? Who came to mind for me was, Dennis Quaid. A guy I work with, suggested Kurt Russel. Who do you think?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Liam Neeson does hold a similar look to the original TV character in the trailers I saw, so I don't have a big issue with him being in the movie.

I wasn't a very big A-Team follower when I was a child.... I liked the van I had as a toy, and Mr. T. but that was it.

Hearing there was going to be a movie, my first thoughts were "Oh great, yet another un-original rip off of the past to be re-made and to ruin any good memories anybody ever had of the show"

However, when my wife and I went and saw Prince of Persia last Wednesday, we saw the extended trailer for the movie and it doesn't look that bad.

Would I go to the theatre to watch it?

Probably not, since it's over $20 for two tickets these days (not including any snacks or food you may get) at the theatre. I'll probably watch it at home, but not at the theatre.... mostly to due with the principle of paying so much for watching a movie..... once.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The A-Team, also known as the Anus Team. Lousy show, except for the guy who always played the woman-he was funny. Although the ads for the movie looked good, but not good enough to pay to watch it.

The only thing I remember about the A-Team is their Ruger ACC556 rifles,..... the not often seen full auto version of the Mini-14......and the fact that they fired approximately 6,849 rounds of ammunition per show.....and NEVER hit anything. :)

Besides that, the show was just ridiculous.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
hey, I remember it and I loved it.

We got the van, and the action figures that came with it! :)

ya it was a little silly but hey, some of those episodes were absolutely hilarious!

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Entertainment Movies

Pity the fool who watches ‘A-Team’

By LIZ BRAUN, QMI Agency

Last Updated: June 11, 2010 2:00amhttp://www.torontosun.com/help/sharing/

THE A TEAM
Director: Joe Carnahan
Stars: Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Quinton Jackson, Jessica Biel, Sharlto Copley, Patrick Wilson
Time: 2 hours
In a summer that’s had some movies based on old TV shows and others based on old video games, The A-Team has all the bases covered — it’s an old TV show that’s been turned into an old video game on the big screen.
What a creative twist!
It’s unlikely there will be a bigger disappointment this blockbuster season.
The A-Team is an incomprehensible jumble of stunts, romance and absolute nonsense, with a plot that makes no sense and action sequences edited with the sort of bluster that ensures you can’t see what the heck is going on.
The story opens in Mexico. Liam Neeson has just been beaten up by bad guys — or so it would appear — but he’s too smart for the villains. After he escapes, we move elsewhere in Mexico to find Bradley Cooper being held captive by other bad guys. Liam Neeson is going to rescue Bradley Cooper, but first, he’s going to stop a van, shoot the driver, befriend the guy he’s just shot (who turns out to be Quinton Jackson, the Mr. T. character in the film), get him to be part of the A-Team, bust another guy out of a psych hospital and then everyone is going to escape by helicopter. Or something. This is just what happens while the opening credits roll, a sort of 20-minute opening movie before the real movie begins.
Now it’s eight years later, and we’re in Iraq. There’s some kind of mission involving millions of counterfeit American dollars and the plates to make even more counterfeit American dollars, and the A-Team takes on the impossible task of grabbing the loot and the plates. The CIA (specifically Patrick Wilson) is involved and so are the American Armed Forces — Jessica Biel is a captain and she shows up long enough to beg Bradley Cooper not to take part in any U.S. currency mission — but the A-Team has to do what the A-Team has to do. It’s a mission filled with all kinds of action and stunts, but it’s never exhilarating. It’s never engaging. It’s never quite believable in any way. That’s bad, people.
Anyway, then things go wrong, and the A-Team goes to prison.
Then the A-Team has to bust out of prison to once again find the counterfeit plates. Or maybe the plates are real, and only the money they print is bogus (we’d already lost interest). By the time Bradley Cooper grabs Jessica Biel for some sweet-talk in the middle of a dangerous operation, we sort of gave up hope.
The A-Team goes on and on and on, with a grand finale that involves a lot of talking in advance and just the sort of special effects that look so crappy, you think you’re watching a video game.
There’s really only one scene in the movie that crackles with tension, and none of the big stars are in it: actors Brian Bloom and Patrick Wilson argue in a car about who is going to shoot whom. It’s quick, it’s scary and the actors make you forget you’re watching a movie.
The rest of the time you’d need a real A-Team to assist with the toughest mission of all: The willing suspension of disbelief. Pity the fool who drops $12.50 on this one.
(This film is rated PG)
liz.braun@sunmedia.ca

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
The only thing I remember about the A-Team is their Ruger ACC556 rifles,..... the not often seen full auto version of the Mini-14......and the fact that they fired approximately 6,849 rounds of ammunition per show.....and NEVER hit anything. :)

Besides that, the show was just ridiculous.

That's due to the fact that when the A-Team was originally aired, they were not allowed to show people dying(especially by the "good guys") during Prime Time. If the series was remade, I can pretty much guarantee that their bullets would be hitting their targets.;)

Look at the differences between the original and remake versions of Battlestar Galactica, and you can see how different a new A-Team series could look.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
The A-Team was pure fun cheese, it's a shame critics can't appreciate that because they're always looking for something more in a movie that will never be there..