Lady Gaga's "Alejandro"

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Please note that this music video pushes boundaries, if you’re in an office right now!

So, a new music video has been released by Lady Gaga: The much-anticipated Alejandro.

The video is being received by many (here, here, and here, to give but a few) as an original and creative critique of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy employed by the armed forces of the United States. Lady Gaga gives a moving and interpretive representation of the inner turmoil that a gay man in the armed forces might experience, to the tune of a very new, darker sound than we’ve heard from her before.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We've seen this type of marketing of a personality before in Madonna. It's nice to see Tavistock is still hard at work in the music industry. ;)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I didn't like the vid, but I do like her music. Mind you, I tend to not pay attention to artists and their marketing.... just the music

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
See can sing that is for sure but so can millions of others. Either she or her handlers are marketing geniuses.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I was going to say the same thing about Madonna, really reminds me of her in many ways including the video. Some of Madonna's were pretty racy. :lol:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Just another mind grind, one of a billion, martial music, they warned us about the power of radiated waves so many times. What was the message in that dark vehicle.
Don't be a victim of frequency. Did you smell anything?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Just another mind grind, one of a billion, martial music, they warned us about the power of radiated waves so many times. What was the message in that dark vehicle.
Don't be a victim of frequency. Did you smell anything?
Is why Tavistock Insitute came to mind.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
It must be tough, trying to find things outrageous enough to outshock the competition, if there is any for Lady Gaga, now, with Britney Spears and Christina Aguillera being long in the tooth, and Madonna a dinosaur. Leather boys have been done before, i think by the latter, but if it gets tongues clicking, it's bound to sell.:roll:

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Please note that this music video pushes boundaries, if you’re in an office right now!

So, a new music video has been released by Lady Gaga: The much-anticipated Alejandro.

The video is being received by many (here, here, and here, to give but a few) as an original and creative critique of the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy employed by the armed forces of the United States. Lady Gaga gives a moving and interpretive representation of the inner turmoil that a gay man in the armed forces might experience, to the tune of a very new, darker sound than we’ve heard from her before.

she's a bit extreme in her videos and outfits..

to me she seems to be making more emphasis on selling herself on her odd outfits than her actual singing talent.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
wow, Lady Gaga fans are really reaching for meaning if they believe her video is a subtle attack on the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. But then again most of her fans are in fact gay, so anything is possible I guess. :p

I saw Jesus in my coffee this morning btw.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
This is a dead horse of a subject...

You know i want to say this.... Im saying this as someone who was born with a mental condition that makes me different from the expected normal person of society...(Extreme ADHD).. When i was a kid i was the one being told to shut up and get lost.... It wasnt easy fitting in but i sure as hell did.

All my life i was treated different because of who i was, i was always told that i have to be a certain way, act a certain way, because i was born different. I have had to take medications go to doctors appointments and all this other **** to become normal. Ive been expected by everyone even the media that i should and need to become normal to fit it, and theres been no way around it. Iam normal now...

Johnny you were born this way , its not your fault but you need to try your best to fit in....

then there are these fpeople that say i was born a homosexual please accept me for who iam. and people accept them as a whole for who they are, but cant accept me for who iam and how i was born. The media supports them and everything, yet in the media people with ADHD get portrayed as goof balls...

If i tell a homosexual to take his medication im all of a sudden a bad person and a gay basher...

If i tell someone with adhd to take their ritalin im all of a sudden doing the right thing..

ADHD isnt a disorder or mental issue, its just another way of thinking and another personality type no one is perfect and i dont need ****ing medication because i was born with something...

In my opinion if being born with ADHD makes you disabled then so would being born with homosexuality. And if you were born with that disability you need help

if your a fag and no accepts you for who you are tough ****ing ****, i cant get anyone to throw me a bone anywhere i go because i was born hyper...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
no, I'm thinking you get called a gay basher because you equate normally functioning gays with people with disorders, and call them fags.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I feel sorry for Lady Gaga ever since she told the world she has Lupus.

Her future will be far more tragic than her videos are and one has to wonder if her future is a reflection on her video.

I like her music videos and her style and her songs, it's a make you think music.

Because most music has the same packaging and themes going against the grain or shock videos every now and then, has always worked.