Wavin' Flag

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I haven't seen this posted here yet... and yes, it's been overplayed, and around for a while... but my kids were looking for the lyrics and it hit me how few popular songs out there they are able to sing along with these days. It warms my heart to hear them belt this one out (even if they can't carry a tune... lol).

YouTube - Young Artists For Haiti - Wavin' Flag

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I’m glad someone posted this! It’s definitely inspirational.

It’s a much-needed breath of fresh air to see people from so many different backgrounds and musical styles to be able to come together in an artistic mosaïc to do what they can to support relief for the people of the Republic of Haiti. (I also like this version far better than the one sang exclusively by K’naan.)

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
This is nice to see, I agree Mr Five.
I do have to disagree on the point of preference. I like Mr. K'naan's version better. I guess I just don't dig the choir scene that much.

K'naan

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I prefer the new one to sing along with. Not that he doesn't do a wonderful job... just... the more voices singing along with you, the easier it is to sound good, at least in your own head. lol.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I prefer the new one to sing along with. Not that he doesn't do a wonderful job... just... the more voices singing along with you, the easier it is to sound good, at least in your own head. lol.

That is like the singing in the shower effect. ;-)

Herboozle

Time Out
Apr 13, 2009
Toronto
It's so weird/awesome that K'Naan is a major artist now. I love the guy, but never thought he'd blow up like this. Good for him.