Best Picture?

#juan
I just watched Hurt Locker, a movie that won the best picture oscar. It wasn't a bad movie but I knew it had won the oscar when I watched it and I somehow expected more. Don't get me wrong. It was worth watching but my vote would have gone to Avatar.

DaSleeper
One that disappointed me was "The men who stare at Goats" (external - login to view)

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

I just watched Hurt Locker, a movie that won the best picture oscar. It wasn't a bad movie but I knew it had won the oscar when I watched it and I somehow expected more. Don't get me wrong. It was worth watching but my vote would have gone to Avatar.

Ditto.

Both had a blatant political agenda, but that's okay........

Avatar should have won because the acting and tale were more than adequate......and the special effects were incredible.....

And The Hurt Locker blew on the little stuff.........I won't get into it, but some of the technical stuff was just silly......

Icarus27k
A wise person once said that a reputation for greatness can ruin art. It's best to try to detach the acclaim as much as you can from your experience with the movie.

Although "Avatar" does live up to the hype. Best movie I've seen in years.

Walter
The only nominated picture I've seen is UP. It would have won the award if I had a vote.