What's the name of this early90Canadian movie?

plica09

Sep 1, 2009
My memory of this movie is vague. I think it was Canadian and I think it was filmed around the early 90's. It was an indie film, low budget and I don't think it was especially successful at the boxoffice. There was a girls name and a boys name in the movies title. Sorta like "Jane and Joseph" except they were not very common names.

It was a emotional story about a man and his two kids who live in the Canadian tundra (I think). Their Mother is dead (I think) and the father is dating a new woman who doesn't care at all about the kids.

There is a heartbreaking performance from the youngest boy. The kid actor hardly says anything at all in the movie but his sadness and loneliness was so convincing. He seems totally alone with no one to console him about his sadness of losing his mother.

There are lots of long scenes depicting the baren-ness of what seemed like the Canadian tundra and I guess how that reflected the childs loneliness and isolation. There was a scene where he finds a dead bird and brings it back to his room (I think). His sister wasn't much help to him and he didn't have any friends.

I'd love to see this movie again.

Please help!!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
No clue, but, try using Wiki to find Canadian film lists, and from there you can see if one jumps out as the right title.

plica09

Sep 1, 2009
I found it!!

It's called "Flower and Garnet". It was released in 2002 actually. A Canadian film written and directed by Keith Behrman.

I recommend you to see it.