Best Movie Trilogy Ever made...

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
the 4th Termenator is coming out soon... Remember seeing the preview when I went to go see the Dark Knight.

As for Trilogy:

Evil Dead / Army of Darkness

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I'm with you Prax. Bruce Campbell gets my vote all the way.

He was really good in The Adventures Of Briscoe County Jr as well.:smile:

As much as I enjoyed the Evil Dead series(1 and 2 were basically the same movie, so it really isn't a trilogy;-)), I have to say Lord Of The Rings.:cool:

Prax, did you buy the Book of the Dead versions of Evil Dead 1 and Evil Dead 2? They are nice and fleshy and the second one screams!!:cool::cool:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Nope, never got that far into it.

And the 1st and 2nd do have their differences.
When they went to do Evil Dead 2, they previously sold the rights and such of Evil Dead 1 at the time, so they couldn't use previous footage to continue the story, so in the first few minutes of Evil Dead 2, they kinda made a quick recap of what sorta occured in Evil Dead 1, but changed it to suit the rest of the story in Evil Dead 2...... then later they got the rights back for Evil Dead 1.

All in all, they could have scrapped the first one, although it had its moments. The second one was the best, and Army of Darkness was more just a Xena Spinoff.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I liked the Alien bunch with the exception of the prison planet one. It was kind of a dud. As far as B movies go, the flesh eating zombie ones are pretty good (quite funny).
I didn't like Stars Wars as much as LOTR and Harry Potter movies. I think it's ridiculous that people classify Star Wars as being Science Fiction. To me it's more fantasy than anything, so it belongs in the same genre as LOTR and Harry Potter, IMO.
Back to the Future was pretty good, too. And I liked the X-men movies. Also, Underworld, Ice Age, the French Connection, Final Destination, Shrek, The Man with No Name trilogy (Fistfull Of Dollars, etc.), Croc Dundee, Rush Hour, Samurai, Resident Evil, Home Alone, the Jason Bourne movies, The Naked Gun, Mad Max, etc.

Last edited:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I liked the Alien bunch with the exception of the prison planet one. It was kind of a dud. As far as B movies go, the flesh eating zombie ones are pretty good (quite funny).
I didn't like Stars Wars as much as LOTR and Harry Potter movies. I think it's ridiculous that people classify Star Wars as being Science Fiction. To me it's more fantasy than anything, so it belongs in the same genre as LOTR and Harry Potter, IMO.
Back to the Future was pretty good, too. And I liked the X-men movies. Also, Underworld, Ice Age, the French Connection, Final Destination, Shrek, The Man with No Name trilogy (Fistfull Of Dollars, etc.), Croc Dundee, Rush Hour, Samurai, Resident Evil, Home Alone, the Jason Bourne movies, The Naked Gun, Mad Max, etc.

There is hard science fiction like 2001 and science fiction like Star Trek and then there is space opera such as star wars. They are different in that space opera is unabashed fantasy that seeks no justification or explanation for its setting; science fiction seeks some justification and hard science fiction tries to be completely plausible and is itself an authors prediction more than anything. These are the categories of the genera as I understand them anyway. So IMO, star wars and LOTR are exactly the same sort of fantasy except for setting.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I never watched a second of the trilogy. Must be the only person in the world that has not.

You must be like my sister, she loved the books when she was young but has not yet been able to bring herself to watch the films for fear it will ruin how she interpreted them. I think thats' just plain weird, the movies are awesome and are one of my favorite trilogies.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
All the films picked are good ones[and i love Army Of Darkness,too], but what about The Matrix trilogy?

The first one was good.... the second one was more boring then listening to a lecture in a library, as it was more talk then it was action... the third one sorta pissed me off with the concept that this was something that continually repeated countless times before and will continue to do so....... if that was the case, then wtf was the point of the whole story, if the last hero failed to bring continual peace and this Neo probably would fail as well.

All in all, I felt they rushed the crap out of that Trilogy and screwed up it's potiential.... either that or that was indeed the original storyline.... in which it still sucked.

The first one was good.