Tribute Thread to Batman - The Dark Knight

jellyfarm

Electoral Member
For Fans of Batman, 'Dark Knight' opens today!
But this will be a tribute thread for all things batty pertaining to the troubled and unwilling superhero we've all come to love and yet not know much about.

You can put up anything you like Batman on this thread so bats away!:lol:

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Ah the dark angst of Batman.

At the nexus of dark and light, it is evil and good that inevitably transform each other.

How often has evil delighted in seeing a blemish in good, and loved the telling of this observation to the good ?

And how often has evil cowered in the knowlege that good is the strongest and most enduring ?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

^ I worked on this poster (Not this actual poster shown) back when it was coming to the theatres around here. I worked on a solvent printed 16'x24' vinyl banner which hung outside of the Empire IMAX theatre in Bayers Lake. Didn't really design it from scratch mind you, but for the location, Empire sent the offical files for this graphic to me to modify the date when it was coming and to add on additional details of it being in IMAX. That and I had to color correct it and size it up properly. Turned out pretty sweet I must say. Big as hell, but nice.

My little contribution to the Batman series.

jellyfarm

Electoral Member
Ah the dark angst of Batman.

At the nexus of dark and light, it is evil and good that inevitably transform each other.

How often has evil delighted in seeing a blemish in good, and loved the telling of this observation to the good ?

And how often has evil cowered in the knowlege that good is the strongest and most enduring ?

That was a tortured sentiment much like what our dark hero always goes through and yet for the greater good, all the vulnerabilities that surface....the humanity of Batman I think as well as the mystery gets me, I suppose...not to mention the great evil characterization of the villains and the endearing flaws of the supporting characters....cool character...thanks for sharing jimmoyer!:p

jellyfarm

Electoral Member

^ I worked on this poster (Not this actual poster shown) back when it was coming to the theatres around here. I worked on a solvent printed 16'x24' vinyl banner which hung outside of the Empire IMAX theatre in Bayers Lake. Didn't really design it from scratch mind you, but for the location, Empire sent the offical files for this graphic to me to modify the date when it was coming and to add on additional details of it being in IMAX. That and I had to color correct it and size it up properly. Turned out pretty sweet I must say. Big as hell, but nice.

My little contribution to the Batman series.

Well, whatever it is, I LOVE the poster. It's nicely done. Have you worked on other posters like these? It must be fun.

My friend who's in London right now is a production scheduler for the company that did the visual effects for this film. I'm so jealous. He's now working on the new Harry Potter and James Bond film...Waaahh! Me wanna work on those too! :p:lol: Thanks for sharing Praxius. Nice one!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Well, whatever it is, I LOVE the poster. It's nicely done. Have you worked on other posters like these? It must be fun.

My friend who's in London right now is a production scheduler for the company that did the visual effects for this film. I'm so jealous. He's now working on the new Harry Potter and James Bond film...Waaahh! Me wanna work on those too! :p:lol: Thanks for sharing Praxius. Nice one!

I've also worked on ad posters for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp....

and I also worked on James Cameron's "Aliens of the Deep"

Then my company went tits up and now I'm working at another company that does more work with illuminated signs and vehicle graphics, etc.... not much comes here for movies.

jellyfarm

Electoral Member
I have to say i was slightly disappointed with the film despite the rave reviews and box-office numbers.

I think the reason why so many went to see it is because of the joker played to a tee by heath ledger.

He was really able to go into the distorted mind of one of the cartoon's best loved villains and bring that madness out to disturb Batman and the city of gotham.

To put them at teethers...so to speak.

Christopher Nolan did a good job intellectualizing the fraughtness of Batman and his role as a superhero in the city of Gotham but sad to say this movie didn't do anything for my emotions.

The only real suspnseful moment for me was the 'CSI NY bit' where the city is having a parade for the Mayor and out of nowhere, the Joker comes out of disguise to deliver a few bullet rounds of shots at the Mayor in an assasination attempt.

OK, OK, and maybe the last bit where Two-Face dies and Gordon and Batman discuss Batman's role as a superhero and the scene where he scoots off on one fo his fancy toys, retrospecting about what a superhero means.

But that was it.

It was just really another action movie to me and I felt that it could have been darker and more sinister like the comic books which has its silent moments and really frightening moments. That aspect of the city was not captured.

But that's just my opinion.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Karen Gillan wants to play a female joker
WENN.COM
First posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 09:15 AM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 09:25 AM EDT
Guardians Of The Galaxy star Karen Gillan has her eye on another iconic comic book role - she wants to portray Batman’s nemesis The Joker.
The actress, who stars as Nebula in the Guardians films, is eager to play a female version of the Gotham City villain, who has been played on the big screen by Jack Nicholson, and Heath Ledger.
The 29-year-old shared her aspirations during an appearance at Florida Supercon this weekend, where she was asked who she would like to play onscreen.
“I’m going to play the Joker. Maybe a female Joker,” she revealed.
When Gillian was told there’s already a version of The Joker that appears in the comic - as Batman Bruce Wayne’s mother, the rising star took note.
“This is my calling! Somebody make a call for me and let them know I’m available,” she said.
Jared Leto was the last actor to take on The Joker in last year’s Suicide Squad.
Karen Gillan wants to play a female joker | Celebrities | Entertainment | Toront
I thought that Harley Quinn was a female joker? :confused: