The hundred best films

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Juan

Do you have any idea how many films and movies I've watched over my lifetime! :)

One of my favorite NFB films was a cartoon! A little piece called "The Point" with music by Harry Nielsen.

Should be mandatory viewing for children and parents.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Juan

Do you have any idea how many films and movies I've watched over my lifetime! :)

One of my favorite NFB films was a cartoon! A little piece called "The Point" with music by Harry Nielsen.

That's it?

Under thrillers they missed Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds". I'll see what else they missed.

Over the years the Academy Awards have rarely failed to pick up something by the National Film Board. They've produced some very good stuff.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Juan

No I have lots of "favorites"..... "Powder", "Blade Runner", "Of Mice and Men", "Phenomenon"....I could go on and on.....

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Under Kids movies they missed "Stand By Me". One of the best kids stories ever made.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Juan

No I have lots of "favorites"..... "Powder", "Blade Runner", "Of Mice and Men", "Phenomenon"....I could go on and on.....
The original Blade Runner was a classic. I don't know if we need a half dozen new cuts. The movie is also being remade.

Scott's Final Cut of "Blade Runner" is Coming!
by Scott Weinberg | May 26, 2006

Blog Article | Discuss Article

After years of anticipation, the fans of Ridley Scott's "Blade Runner" will soon be able to experience the director's "intended cut," which promises to be different from the theatrical cut, the international cut, and the previous director's cut. It's all very confusing, but this particular flick is worth the trouble.

Variety irons it out nicely: "Warner's rights to "Blade Runner" lapsed a year ago, but the studio has since negotiated a long-term license. The pic, now considered a sci-fi classic, has had a troubled history from the start: When Scott ran overbudget, completion bond guarantors took control of it and made substantial changes before its 1982 theatrical release, adding a voiceover and happy ending. That version was replaced by the much better-received director's cut in 1992, but Scott has long been unhappy with it, complaining that he was rushed and unable to give it proper attention.

The restored "Director's Cut" will debut on homevid in September, and remain on sale for four months only, after which time it will be placed on moratorium. "Blade Runner: Final Cut" will arrive in 2007 for a limited 25th anniversary theatrical run, followed by a special edition DVD with the three previous versions offered as alternate viewing: Besides the original theatrical version and director's cut, the expanded international theatrical cut will be included. The set will also contain additional bonus materials."

That's a lotta Blade Running.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Apocolypse Now and Full Metal Jacket are a couple of my favourites as well. I recently bought a BluRay version of Full Metal Jacket, the video quality is quite amazing.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Apocolypse Now and Full Metal Jacket are a couple of my favourites as well. I recently bought a BluRay version of Full Metal Jacket, the video quality is quite amazing.

I believe Apocolypse Now was on the list. I don't think Full Metal Jacket made it.. Nor did I see Longest Day. One of the more historically correct war movies.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I believe Apocolypse Now was on the list. I don't think Full Metal Jacket made it.. Nor did I see Longest Day. One of the more historically correct war movies.

yeah, I don't think Full Metal Jacket is listed there, it's a damn good movie though.

When was "the Longest Day" released? I don't believe I have seen it.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The Longest Day (1962)
Starring: Eddie Albert, Paul Anka Director: Ken Annakin, Andrew Marton Rating

It's an old movie. Hell, John Wayne is in it.....:lol: Worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
As well as Paul Anka and Eddie Albert, that movie had just about every movie star who was around in it. Blockbusters have it.

Another movie they missed was "Zulu".

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
Juan

I remember that!, I still have the album and that tune "Me and my Arrow" will now be playing in my head all day:roll:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I keep forgetting that I am 69 years old. Some of these movies haven't been shown in years. The movie "Zulu" was Michael Caine's first movie.

Last edited: