Good Canadian talent

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
An old friend of mine deserves some promotion. He's a damn good singer and overall musician. He never did go along with the top 40 crowd so his talent has always come under the radar screen. I think you'll like the song "Sister Moon". It has a Beatles like quality to it.

His name is Sean Garrett. Give him a listen.

http://web.mac.com/jessicagihon/iWeb/seangarrett/Music.html

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Good quality recording, unique voice. Can you tell me what he uses for recording equipment and software?
I will likely visit him in the next couple of months. He wants to show me his studio. I'll let you know what I find out.

Edit: I sent him an email with your question. I'll let you know when I find out.

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
He said he uses Yamaha AW16 and AW24 Audio Workstations and a lot of ear work.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Glad you liked it Zan. He has been a good singer most of his life, even as a kid, but his range and versatility has really taken off in the last decade. He used to do a damn good Michael Jackson impersonation as well.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
He said he uses Yamaha AW16 and AW24 Audio Workstations and a lot of ear work.
Nice. You can pick up the AW16 on eBay for about $250.00. That's a good price for a quality home studio system. The AW24 has more bells and whistles, along with those extra channels. And the price on eBay creeps up near $2000. Good microphones also go a long way to creating a proper sound and it seems Sean is using some of the best.

Thanks for sharing the music with us.