Dixie Chicks..................yah!!!!!!!

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
LOL: Shut up and sing. right.

This particular one they play in F, but it shouldn't be hard to transpose to G or D whar sum good ol boys ken play it, soon as I askem to.

F and E are kind of a bitch on the mandolin................method to me madness.

E......specially.

Anyhow...........nice tune.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Thanks Hazmart

We play mostly OLD TIME country, and I mean old, like goin way back. It does have a following since most of the folks we play for are gettin up there, cludin us. But, songs like this deserve to be included IMHO anyways.

And lots of Merle and Willy and Don Williams

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I never really heard of the Dixie Chicks until they said they were ashamed Bush came from Texas. Then the backlash started and I heard a couple of songs, heard what they had to say on the matter and found I not only liked the way they threw a song together and played it. More so I liked that they had something to say, didn't mince words and never gave up their integrity to sell a record.

I saw the movie they made about it, Shut Up And Sing, and that just cemented in my thoughts about them not only as people who stand up for what they believe in, but professionals, artists and solid performers. I see their talent as legion that will pass down through their line to some of their kids who will themselves walk that line.

I don't mind listening to their music for a while at all. Easy on the eyes too. ;)

I noticed that they this song in a 12 bar format with a couple of transpositions. Shows a common ancestry with the Blues. Very cool Nuggler.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I like them too Nugg. Like you, I play the mandolin (or I try at least) and their music is perfect for that instrument.

Tryin is mostly what I do too.

Wife says very tryin.

oh well..........

Unf:

When they came out against Bush, I could not believe the groundswell of negative public opinion about them. Thought they were going to be lynched as traitors by a bunch of phony "family values fukkers" who enjoy takin it bendin from GWB.

However, talent shows, cream rises, and they didn't cave. Right back on top. But, they're good for a bit (in my ears I mean)............only a few songs thanks, same as Willy and Merle and on and on...........a wee bit goes quite a long way.

Ah gots the hongries fer yer luv, an Am standin in yer welfare line..........eeeyuk.....(not your line, UNF:, that's just a song whut come to mind........):lol::lol: An actual song. Believe it?

Yep, that 12 bar format. Must have been what appealed. And that neat little minor.........ah hoonos.

8O

Last edited: