Gene Simmons Family Jewels

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
...but has anyone caught a glimps of that so-called `reality show` with Gene Simmons of Kiss fame?

Man that guy looks to be so full of himself!! Dragging TV cameras into his home only to expose his wife, Shannon Tweed(!?) gawd what ever happened to that chick..ugly as ole hell since I seen her last... and their two spoiled brats of kids (will probably never see an honest days work in their lives)....and of course most importantly,his wealth.

Christ it must be getting tuff for these money-making mega-maniacs to garner the attention they once had (see Ozzy and that tripe on TV).Seems all four of em do is stare straight ahead at the camera and mumble nonsence about their current and past lives. Absolutely nothing of any content throughout the entire hour worth recalling.

Why don`t these worn out guys of past fame just go do like the elephants and molly off to die in a private kind of way instead of bringing their fans with them?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
...but has anyone caught a glimps of that so-called `reality show` with Gene Simmons of Kiss fame?Man that guy looks to be so full of himself!! Dragging TV cameras into his home only to expose his wife, Shannon Tweed(!?) gawd what ever happened to that chick..ugly as ole hell since I seen her last... and their two spoiled brats of kids (will probably never see an honest days work in their lives)....and of course most importantly,his wealth. Christ it must be getting tuff for these money-making mega-maniacs to garner the attention they once had (see Ozzy and that tripe on TV).Seems all four of em do is stare straight ahead at the camera and mumble nonsence about their current and past lives. Absolutely nothing of any content throughout the entire hour worth recalling.Why don`t these worn out guys of past fame just go do like the elephants and molly off to die in a private kind of way instead of bringing their fans with them?

That's a good idea you've got I think. I find the concept of reality shows hideous, how the hell can anybody get reality outof the idiot box, it,s only purpose was always to prevent the spread of reality.:smile:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
...but has anyone caught a glimps of that so-called `reality show` with Gene Simmons of Kiss fame?Man that guy looks to be so full of himself!! Dragging TV cameras into his home only to expose his wife, Shannon Tweed(!?) gawd what ever happened to that chick..ugly as ole hell since I seen her last... and their two spoiled brats of kids (will probably never see an honest days work in their lives)....and of course most importantly,his wealth. Christ it must be getting tuff for these money-making mega-maniacs to garner the attention they once had (see Ozzy and that tripe on TV).Seems all four of em do is stare straight ahead at the camera and mumble nonsence about their current and past lives. Absolutely nothing of any content throughout the entire hour worth recalling.Why don`t these worn out guys of past fame just go do like the elephants and molly off to die in a private kind of way instead of bringing their fans with them?

That's a good idea you've got I think. I find the concept of reality shows hideous, how the hell can anybody get reality outof the idiot box, it,s only purpose was always to prevent the spread of reality.:smile:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I have a great idea for a reality show.... You drop cameras from various heights and call it Free fall. Not much on plot, but the gut-wretching ends will be about as interesting as watching some washed-up has-been's dysfunctional home life....

Woof!

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
I`m ta thinkin the producers of these lame-brain programs should be strung up by the nuts and hung out to dry.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Chris should start a CC reality show. He would send camera crews out to watch people post. That would be incredibly rivetting material.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
reality shows.

The only reality they reflect is the addiction the average person has to drama.

They thrive on the lives of the subjects being ridiculously dramatic and chaotic. Things can't go smoothly, calmly, rationally for the subjects involved or the show would be a total flop and no one would watch. Who wants to watch a family shop, clean the house, read a book, and head to bed after supper?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
The Gene Simmons show is absolute garbage. He is entirely superficial, vain & obnoxious all at once, I cannot stand him. Networks love reality shows though because they are relatively cheap to produce and the voyeurs of the TV crowd eat this stuff up like it's going out of style.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Total trash is right. Reality shows like East Coast Choppers and the others the same are more about the mechanics being mad at each other and kicking things across the garage.
I tried to watch Deadliest Catch. Thought it would be interesting to see how those yummy crabs are caught. The first five minutes of the show was about how the cook was made at one of the hands and how that played out, as writen in the script I'm sure. That's not a reality show, that's a f*cking soap opera. I put on CBC radio 1 instead.:-(

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What's just as bad is watching these house-flipping couple shows. The camera comes on and they act like Donald Trump and put on the fake issue scenes. Then they pretend that buying a house for $300,000, spending $80,000 on renos then selling for $450,000 makes them $70,000. Do these people not have accountants. There is such a thing as carry costs and taxes, but it shouldn't surprise that they either haven't figured it out or don't want to admit to it.

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
I must say that I do like some reality shows espically when running on the treadmill, they are just one big soap opera! I really like Big Brother in the summer and I do enjoy deadliest catch. Not so much survivor or amazing race or Gene Simmons but some I find very amusing.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I knew one of the guys who was on 'The Rig' on OLN. He said the guys just couldn't help playing stuff up for the camera, and looking back they were all floored at how much they overreacted to stuff. No script, but a subconscious drive to create extra drama for the sake of the show. Ridiculous.

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
My husband works for Concord Well Servicing, the company that bought out Poncho on 'The Rig'. They most definitely make it look like far more work that it really is especially the 'rig manager' or the 'Push'. But all is fair in TV I guess!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
How can you guys not like watching an aging 50+ rock star strut about with girls who are young enough to be his daughters while having a woman who loves him sit at home and wait?

What's not to love?