Summer Reading

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
What is everyone reading on the beach this year?

I've been reading vampire books. I've found some awesome authors ... have always loved Laurell K. Hamilton's "Anita Blake" series and have re-read the entire batch recently.

I found Charlaine Harris to be most excellent as well. Anyone who likes Evanovich will enjoy her books. Laugh out loud funny in places.

Tanya Huff is from Canada and her Blood series is great.

Kim Harrison's "The Hollows" series is great.

Oh ... also read Stephen King's "Lisey's Story" and quite enjoyed it. Of course old SK has been a favourite since the 70s.

Anyone have any suggestions for other good vampire/werewolf type novels??

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007
Vereya's thread on Psychoactive substances led me to pick up Timothy Leary's Biography.

Muz

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
The Leary bio and Westlake's stuff sound interesting ... although I seem to be obsessed with my vamps and weres for now.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Cosmo I've lost most of my summer by moving and having my books put back on the shelves out of order for me finding the ones I had put aside to read next.... one day I'll become my anal self and put them in order again.... right now I am grateful they are on shelves at all.... and I can't seem to settle down into reading.

I used to read all of King's books, eagerly awaiting the next one until Cujo....never did finish that one... and haven't read any of his writing since.... Cujo was way too hard to sit still with....

I think I want to re-read some John Grisham's stories and Jonathan Kellerman's... re-reading is about as deep as I can go these days in the heat... It's gotta be fiction....I have enough reality to handle right now hehe

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
And I've been reading Tolstoy recently, and I once again came to the conclusion that he is a very lousy author, not worth the fuss made about him.