Arctic Monkey Alex goes ape for Alexa

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Arctic Monkey Alex Turner has fallen for a girl who is, appropriately, called Alexa.....

Monkey Alex goes ape for Alexa

I bet that you look good singing karaoke ... Alex and Alexa hook-up

July 09, 2007
The Sun

ALEX TURNER has a way with words in his hit songs – but his chat-up lines leave a lot to be desired.

The ARCTIC MONKEY came out with one so cheesy you could have eaten it with a cracker as he wooed ALEXA CHUNG at T In The Park.

The singer opened the guide on rock star smooze at page one and told the stunning presenter of Channel Four’s Popworld: “Come back to my tour bus and I’ll teach you how to play acoustic guitar.”

But what’s more surprising is that it seemed to WORK — and he nipped off into the night with every intention of plucking her G-string.

An onlooker said: “Alex and Alexa were all over each other backstage.

“He was pulling out all the stops to impress her. She was lapping it up and giggling at his jokes.

“Alex whisked her off to a quiet corner on a bench and cuddled her as he taught her some chords.

“After a while they disappeared off to his tour bus with the promise of more lessons on his acoustic guitar with some peace and quiet.

“She was only too happy to accept the offer and they walked off into the night together.”

Alex and Alexa met at a karaoke party held on Friday night to celebrate guitarist JAMIE COOK’s birthday.

The lads threw a bash backstage in the EA Games tent. It was their karaoke party but none of the band got up to perform.

Alexa had caught Alex’s eye when she took to the stage to sing — but not his ear, judging by her woeful performance. THE CORAL also sang some BEATLES and ELVIS numbers on stage with guests including Radio 1’s ZANE LOWE in the crowd.

But it wasn’t all singalongs and fun behind the scenes at the T In The Park venue of Balado, near Kinross in Scotland.

BABYSHAMBLES trashed their dressing room on Saturday.

PETE DOHERTY and co smashed windows and left a trail of destruction in the artists’ village.

It must have had something to do with their performance earlier in the day.

The sound was so bad on the Radio 1/NME stage for their set that at some points those beyond the first few rows couldn’t hear a thing. Then, when the sound came back on the junkie rocker was screeching out of tune at varying volumes. It was truly unbearable.

But at least Potty Pete showed up, which is more than AMY WINEHOUSE managed.

On Saturday I told you it seemed her pals were urging her to sort out her life. She has now cancelled two big gigs in a week through “exhaustion”.

I told you last week how she pulled out of Summer Pops in Liverpool — only to be snapped propping up the bar of her local a couple of hours later.

You need snooze, not booze, luv.

thesun.co.uk