Beauty In European Art

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
This has got to be one of the most beautiful videos I have ever seen:

Note the beautiful music which coordinates so well with the exhibited art. This is truely an artistic gem!

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Thanks for sharing that Gopher, it is indeed beautiful.

In a different vein, yet similar in that it's a new way to depict art, I think you might appreciate this site. The photography is gorgeous in itself, but it's presented in such an unusual way, it mesmerizes me every time I go here.

Enjoy: Ashes and Snow

hmmm the link to the enhanced site doesn't seem to work anymore. Too bad, it had the photos set in motion. You can still view the photos on their basic site tho.

Last edited:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Boy, that Ashes and Snow brought tears to my eyes. I just love those images. Such serenity...and majesty.
Wow!

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I found this when I searched YouTube:

It's much longer than the exhibit I first saw at the Ashes and Snow site, but if you enjoyed the photos, you may enjoy this...

Katz

Jun 30, 2007
The Ashes and Snow site is truly beautiful, IMO one of the most amazing galleries I have seen. Thank you so much for posting this! I have sent the url off to others and all are equally humbled in the beauty of this man's work.

Truly moving, stunning!

:)

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Katz,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Appreciation for art is such an individual thing, but it always warms me when others are able to share my enjoyment in something I personally find beautiful or amazing.

Katz

Jun 30, 2007
Hi Zan, your link in the post above has been stopped due to copyright - was this more of Gregory's work? Is it available elsewhere?

I would love to see more of his pieces - really gorgeous and inspiring - made me want to get my sketch pad out and draw elephants!

Katz

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
oh that's too bad - I didn't realize it had been posted without permission. It was a reproduction of a video he used to have up at his own site, but it wasn't there last time I looked. Best wayI can explain it is he seemed to have filmed his subjects, then pulled stills from the video for his exhibition. I'm not familiar enough with video terminology to describe how the film was done, but it was very moving as well, with more pics in the same theme as what you saw on his site. I hope he puts the film back on his site if he's not allowing it to be posted anywhere else.

Katz

Jun 30, 2007
I'll keep an eye open, I only did the one tour on his site so far - will take some time and a glass of wine and check the whole thing out later on.

If you know of other stuff like his, which seem to blend the spiritual with art please post them! I love sharing this sort of stuff, so wonderful to look at a remind ourselves that humans are capable of so much more than the destruction we see daily.

Katz

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Katz, you are indeed going to be a welcome addition around here.

By the way, we do also have a spiritual forum here... you may find discussions there you'd like to dust off, or maybe something new to contribute.

Katz

Jun 30, 2007
Thank you Zan!

I certainly do feel welcome this morning, very nice indeed! I will take some more time later and check out the spiritual forums (I don't consider myself religious, but spiritual - yes).

Right now, it's out into the garden for a bit!

Ta once more,

:) Katz