Gay Radio Comes To Toronto

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Today is the day that Proud radio launched their gay fm radio station targeting homosexuals and lesbians and bisexuals and pedophiles.

This station is broadcasting 24/7 on 103.9 FM and they feel that this will be a success.

http://www.proudfm.com/index.php

It will be a success because of the economic buying power this group demands.

Since a lot of them are double income no kids and work in artistic sector jobs they are high-income earners.

I have listened to their station and they have a good music programmer he or she will help the station get good penetration to their target groups.

The advertisers are hoping for a good bang on their buck.

If it is successful then there will be Proud radio stations opening in every province in Canada.

I am guessing that on the interim this station will be successful and as their rating go up and as they gain more advertisers they will do well.

The problem I see is when they start to support or talk about controversial issues that will infuriate the population especially the moral majority crowd then the boycotts will start on whomever is advertising with this station.

The gays have a misconception that just because we allow same sex marriage in Canada that now they are finally accepted, they still have a long way to go before this will happen.

As advertisers start to pull their ads the station will have to have funding drives to get their operating expenses.

Eventually they will close their operations.

But we should give them all an A for effort for trying and when they do close then some decency can come back to the airwaves.

But then again I might be wrong and that is when Canada will go to hell.

Last edited:

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Today is the day that Proud radio launched their gay fm radio station targeting homosexuals and lesbians and bisexuals and pedophiles and some of the Catholic clergy.

Is it just me or does this look like a most unlikely group of cohorts??

Pedophiles and Catholics being lumped in with gay and bisexual folks? 8O Really?

ok, well I could see some progressive minded Catholics throwing their support behind a project like this. Kinda. Sorta.

But are they willingly including pedophiles in their group? I find it strange that people looking to bring their lifestyle, sexual preference, rights agenda etc. farther into mainstream acceptance would allow themselves to be affiliated in any way with pedophiles.

Are you sure that's what they said Liberalman?

Well my curiosity got the best of me so I clicked on the link... perused the "about us" link, and didn't see anything about Catholics or Pedophiles there. So I'm wondering if you could tell me where you got your info Liberalman?

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Liberalman:

When you make statements like this you lose all credibility with me:

Today is the day that Proud radio launched their gay fm radio station targeting homosexuals and lesbians and bisexuals and pedophiles and some of the Catholic clergy.

Think before you write.

Pangloss