This Music's all the RAGE

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Rock classics drive motorists over limit

Thu Apr 12, 8:47 AM

LONDON (Reuters) - Want to stay safe on the roads? Then avoid listening to Guns N Roses, Meat Loaf and Bruce Springsteen behind the wheel.

The trio are among the artists featured on a top 10 of tracks that get people's blood pumping and in the mood to drive aggressively.

Some 1,700 voters have so far responded to an online poll run by Electronic Arts and AOL to mark the launch of a new racing videogame, "Burnout Dominator."

The resultant shortlist of tracks that get people revved up -- and that drivers should avoid listening to in the real world -- spans more than 30 years of chart favorites, although none of them actually reached number 1.

It includes classic rock tracks, such as Meat Loaf's "Bat Out Of Hell" and Springsteen's "Born to Run," as well as tracks such as Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" and Guns N Roses' "Paradise City."

More modern tracks, including The Killers' "When we were Young" and Feeder's "Buck Rogers" also featured, as did -- perhaps fittingly -- "You Will Be Under My Wheels" by dance act the Prodigy.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Want to stay safe on the roads? Then avoid listening to Guns N Roses, Meat Loaf and Bruce Springsteen behind the wheel.

The trio are among the artists featured on a top 10 of tracks that get people's blood pumping and in the mood to drive aggressively.

Some 1,700 voters have so far responded to an online poll run by Electronic Arts and AOL to mark the launch of a new racing videogame, "Burnout Dominator."

It includes classic rock tracks, such as Meat Loaf's "Bat Out Of Hell" and Springsteen's "Born to Run," as well as tracks such as Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" and Guns N Roses' "Paradise City."

More modern tracks, including The Killers' "When we were Young" and Feeder's "Buck Rogers" also featured, as did -- perhaps fittingly -- "You Will Be Under My Wheels" by dance act the Prodigy.

What a stupid story. A completely self-selecting crowd putting check marks beside some songs masquerading as science - in this case behavioural science. "Bat Out of Hell"? "Born To Run"? These songs wind people up? Lame pasny-assed suburbanites.

Pangloss

folcar

Electoral Member
Mar 26, 2007
LOL... Nothing tops Motley Crew Kick Start My Heart when i'm driving.... That song turns my foot into lead, Several Econoline crush tunes, and a whole slew of others have varying effects but that is the worst especially on sunny day with the window down...............:cool:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What a stupid story. A completely self-selecting crowd putting check marks beside some songs masquerading as science - in this case behavioural science. "Bat Out of Hell"? "Born To Run"? These songs wind people up? Lame pasny-assed suburbanites.

Pangloss

I didn't catch anything about 'behavioral science'. I thought it was a consumer survey, product development thing.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Who the hell listens to Meatloaf, let alone listening to Meatloaf while they drive? There is nothing wrong with a little GNR driving though.

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
Looking For A Place To Happen - Tragically Hip, another amazing road trip tune that makes 140km/h seem very slooowwww.