Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Rowling reveals final Harry Potter title

By Richard Holt
11/12/2006

The wait is over for eager J K Rowling fans as the title of her latest book is revealed as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

It will be the final instalment in the hugely popular series of books about the young wizard which have won admirers of all ages.

A publication date has not yet been set for the book, as Ms Rowling admits that she hasn't yet finished writing it.

The final instalment will follow Harry and friends during their final year at Hogwarts.

Ms Rowling, 41, said: "I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more.

"I both want, and don't want, to finish this book."

But in words sure to reassure her readers, she added: "Don't worry, I will."

The multi-millionaire author recently hinted that two characters are expected to die in the finale - and Harry himself might not survive - saying: "We are dealing with pure evil here.

"They don't target extras, do they? They go for the main characters - well, I do."

The name of the book was unveiled on Rowling's official website in the form of a puzzle whereby the author invites fans to find a key to a locked door.

Inside the door lies a gift and inside the wrapping there is a hangman word game.

The last book, Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, broke UK records by shifting 2,009,574 copies on its first day of release.

Sales of all Harry Potter titles now total more than 52 million worldwide.

The phenomenon began back in 1997 with the publishing of Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone.

telegraph.co.uk