Van Lear Rose

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I know this CD has been out for some time, so you'll have to excuse me because I just came across it today. I had heard "this old house" already, but that's it. Anyway, this is one of the BEST Loretta Lynn albums EVER. She teams up with Jack White. It's so good, I'm just gonna let you read the write up in Rolling Stone.

Has anyone else heard it? I have no idea where it's been hiding, but its fan-freekin-tastic!

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/5278389/van_lear_rose

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
[SIZE=-1]for country legend Loretta Lynn.[/SIZE]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The sessions tookWhite Stripes frontman Jack White has produced an album for countrWhite Stripes frontman Jack White has produced an album for country legend Loretta Lynn.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The sessions took place last June in Nashville to very little fanfare. "After my manager gave me The White Stripes album that they dedicated to me, we became fast friends" Lynn says at her website. "I love both Jack and Meg. They came out to the ranch for a visit and I cooked homemade bread and chicken n' dumplings. We did a show together in New York City and soon after, me and Jack got in the studio. We recorded it last June and September in Nashville and had such a great time making it. I tell you that Jack White is quite a producer".[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The album is called Van Lear Rose. "It's called Van Lear Rose, which is named after a song about my Mommy that's on the album. There's 13 songs and I wrote 'em all" she says.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]So will this be a rock album for Loretta or a country album for White? "This album sounds a little different from my other ones" she says. "You've got to have an open mind 'cause some of these songs have a rock 'n roll sound and the rest are just pure country.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2004/apr04/20040407_jackwhite.html[/SIZE][/FONT]

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I haven't heard it but trust you our resident country music connoisseur with the review.