Noel Gallagher: Arctic Monkeys won't f**k it up.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Arctic Monkeys are the biggest British band since Oasis, and Oasis's Noel Gallagher has heaped praise on them.

Noel Gallagher: Arctic Monkeys won't f**k it up.

by Scott Colothan on 04/05/2006

The new Fab Four: from left to right - Andy Nicholson (bass), Matt Helders (drums), Alex Turner (vocals, guitar), Jamie Cook (guitar.)

Noel Gallagher has heaped praise on fellow northerners Arctic Monkeys, giving them the ultimate accolade of comparing them to Oasis.

The Oasis lynchpin was inspired after seeing the Monkeys at their final tour date at London’s Brixton Academy.

But while he was full of kind words for the Sheffield lads, he said that The Libertines had it, then lost it.

Speaking about Arctic Monkeys, 38-year-old Noel said: “They’re an amazing band and they’re northerners, like us.

“I look at these and I know they’re not going to piss it away, because they’re solid, they love each other those four.

“And us northerners don’t fuck it up. I stood out in the front in Brixton with all the sweaty people and there’s only two bands I’ve done that for.

“I saw The Libertines at The Forum and they had something for a while, but the f**ked up.

“But watching that, they’re the only two things that I’ve seen since Oasis that had what we had and The Libertines lost it.”

He continued to the Daily Star: “They (Arctic Monkeys) have proved to me that youth culture is alive.

“If that’s the music that the kids are making then I’m happy for the kids. And I’m happier because I didn’t feel old at their gig.”

gigwise.com

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Noel Gallagher has a way with words like Liam does. I never heard of the Arctic Monkeys but Noel also gave praise to Coldplay until Chris Martin started to go on and on with his Anti-War Rants. Liam also had some nice words for Chris Martin:
LIAM GALLAGHER SLAMS CHRIS MARTIN'S ANTI-WAR STANCE
The Coldplay frontman is labelled a "knobhead student" - and Gwyneth doesn't escape either...

LIAM GALLAGHER has called COLDPLAY frontman CHRIS MARTIN a "knobhead student" for expressing strong anti-war views at a fundraising show.

The Oasis singer slammed Martin for his comments at the band's Teenage Cancer Trust show In London on Monday (March 24), where he encouraged the sell-out crowd at the Royal Albert Hall to "sing against war".

Gallagher also labelled Martin's Oscar-winning actress girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow a "gawky bird".

The verbal assault came after Gallagher appeared as a special guest at Richard Ashcroft's Teenage Cancer Trust show at the same venue on Wednesday (March 26).

He told The Sun : "When Coldplay did this gig they banged on about the war, that's wrong. Chris Martin shouldn't be using this cause to bang on about his own views on the war. If him and his gawky bird want to go banging on about the war they can do it at their own gigs.

"That lot are just a bunch of knobhead students - Chris Martin looks like a geography teacher. What's all that with writing messages about Free Trade on his hand when he's playing. If he wants to write things down I'll give him a pen and a pad of paper. Bunch of students.

"These gigs are about kids who have got cancer, they've got to fight a war every day of their lives. That's what we're all here doing this for."

http://www.nme.com/news/104623.htm
:lol:

Oasis is the best..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5269779142758509308&q=oasis

MagnoliaApples

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2006
O-ass-is! Yeah! Noel and his brother Liam should know plenty about f**king things up!

They thought they were better than the Beatles after only putting out 1 album!!! Nobody is better than the Beatles!!

However, I do like the music but these guys themselves are complete asses!!!

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Re: RE: Noel Gallagher: Arctic Monkeys won't f**k it up.

MagnoliaApples said:
O-ass-is! Yeah! Noel and his brother Liam should know plenty about f**king things up!

They thought they were better than the Beatles after only putting out 1 album!!! Nobody is better than the Beatles!!

However, I do like the music but these guys themselves are complete asses!!!
You're points is what makes OASIS great! They don't kiss ass unlike the long list of Celebs in Music, Movies and TV we always see kissing ass. Liam & Noel don't kiss ass and they speak their minds, plus their Music is good! I did love their comments about being better then the Beatles, even though they are not it was funny to see them saying it.. :lol: