What is your opinion on rap

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
So what is your opinion on rap. Is it as violent as people say and cause people to pick up guns and go kill each other like video games.

I personally like Rap, especially from Tupac, Eminem and Notorious BIG, two out of the three now dead because of gun violence.

So what is your opinion??

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
Well, personally, and as someone with a fair music background, I get quite offended when rap is described as music. Anyone with a drum machine and a poem can do rap, but to call it music is another thing. Music usually involves chords, changing of chords, and something other than a drum. Rap is a form of enternainment, and some of it I like, but to call it music is wrong, IMNTBHO. 8)

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I really like Atmosphere and DMX makes me chuckle. I like the Beastie Boys too. And Fort Minor.

I guess I like more than I thought!

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: What is your opinion

it's crap with a silent c....nah some of it's ok...I prefure the sultry sex-inducing sounds of r'n'b and soul...give me some of that Luther Vandross!!! :)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Rap......Noise polution by any other name. would sound as bad. With apologies to Shakespear or whoever.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

These people and their rap music really piss me off. Where I live, they come around with it blairing and I can't even hear myself think. Or maybe I'm just a grump.

glossprincess

Electoral Member
Feb 5, 2006
Some of its ok as long as its fresh and innovating. I really like Eminem cos he's different and the stuff he raps about is real, his family issues, how he grew up, his daughter etc etc. But people like 50 Cent and Snoop Dogg drive me nuts! They only ever rap about one thing.....women! And all their music video clips involve is naked women prancing around. Its so sexist and so boring! This line really bugs me......

'I'll take you to the candy shop, i'll LET you lick the loillipop'

He'll LET me?! Like its such a goddamn privilige to suck his *beep*?! I dont think so! Arrogant, sexist pig!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
#juan said:
Rap......Noise polution by any other name. would sound as bad. With apologies to Shakespear or whoever.

I'm with Juan.

I like what Weird Al said...."In the 60s, Rock and Roll came out for kids who couldn't sing very well. In the 80s, Rap came out for kids who couldn't sing at all"

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

those comments about 50 cent....hehe am I the only one in the world that knows his dirty little secret?...ok I'll squeal

he co-wrote a song with Next about 5 years ago entitled "I'm a jerk", not as in I'm an idiot, but as in "I wanna jerk off", now the song is quite embarrising and goes on about his pleasure at being a w*nker, now he never realised another song for 4 years....says it all really doesnt it?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I wouldn't know if any of it is any good or not :) I can't stand listening to it or watching any of the videos either. I think it's funny that so many white kids try to emulate this stuff :lol: