RENT

jeckgo

Nominee Member
Jan 24, 2006
Oman
Jonathan Larson was a F'n GENIUS....

I want to see it on stage now.... We rented the DVD (I walked into blockbuster and on their preview screens was a clip and all I heard was "525 600 Minutes, 525 000 Moments So Dear" and I had to see it)..

It made me smile, it made me laugh... it was vulgar yet profound... it made me cry... it made me sad... It was insightful yet crude... I've never seen something so multi-dimensional and I can only guess that the live version was so much better.. Immedately after we watched the 2 hour documentary that's on the second DVD... It was also amazing.. to hear the story... RENT is based on Pucinni's La Boheme... but it's also so closely based on Mr. Larson's life... it was amazing... For him to die after the last dress rehearsal... during the wee morning hours that would become opening day for RENT... not only is the show amazing.... it leaves behind a legacy that can't be touched... My only real goal in life is to see it live... I don't know if it's even showing anywhere still (I haven't looked it up)... but it's amazing.. I've only seen it once and I'm a Renthead.....

I even downloaded the soundtrack... Yes.. I said it.. downloaded it... and I have no problem with that.. I wanted to hear the music last night and today and now... and forever and ever... as soon as I find the power cable for my USB HDD I'll be transfering them to my iPod.... Also I have no problem saying it because in the morning my gf is buying me the DVD and Soundtrack for my birthday... I can't think of a better birthday gift..

Anyways.. SEE IT... I can't express that enough... especially if you've never seen it.. My girlfriend just said I'm scaring her how much I feel in love with it... it's the most amazingly beautiful melding of art and reality that I've ever seen.... It was unbelievable...

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
The movie was moodly entertaining. It's hard to get into at first as the first few songs are pretty damn cheesy if you ask me and you really don't know the chars well enough and their intros suck. But I think half way threw until the ending the movie caught my attention and kept it. So well I'd give it a 3 out of 5.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
FiveParadox said:
I absolutely adored Rent; it made me cry.

So did I as I stated above. :D

Seriously what was there to cry about? They had 35 year old actors (or at least look 35) dancing on tables singing about how The Man won't get you down. It's cool when you're in college doing that, but when you're 35, it's time to stop whining and get a job.