Arctic Monkeys are a hit in the US.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Once the best in the world, British music has spent the last ten years or so in the doldrums with an annoying churn out of manufactured pop. But British music is starting to get back to its best again - with rock band Arctic Monkeys at number 1 in the US indie album charts (the fastest-selling indie album in the US EVER) and James Blunt at number 1 on the US Billboard Chart. KT Tunstall is also doing well in the US.

Monkeys a hit in the US

King Monkeys ... Arctics are big in the States

THE ARCTIC MONKEYS have officially made it in America.
Their album, Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not, has just become the country’s biggest-selling indie album of ALL TIME.

I can also reveal that ALEX TURNER, MATT HELDERS, ANDY NICHOLSON and JAMIE COOK have landed a slot on one of the most popular TV shows across the pond, Saturday Night Live.

Oscar-nominated actor MATT DILLON will introduce them a week on Saturday.

They will perform I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor and When The Sun Goes Down on the show in New York before kicking off an 11-date tour of the States and Canada.

And I thought the boys didn’t “do” TV?

Film-makers in Los Angeles have also caught on to the Arctic buzz and are backing them to pen a movie soundtrack.

Hollywood movie types have downloaded the teenagers’ tracks and are totally taken by the quirky lyrics.

A source told me: “They are being touted as the next big thing.

“From the buzz around LA at the moment it won’t be long before they are snapped up to write a soundtrack.

“Saturday Night Live reaches audiences of 10million so it’s a massive launching pad for them.

“UK acts are doing extremely well at the moment. JAMES BLUNT is at No1 and audiences love KT TUNSTALL. The Arctics are going the same way.”

------------------------------
EX Army man JAMES BLUNT is well on his way to world domination.
He has hit No1 in the USA Billboard charts with single You’re Beautiful. And his album Back To Bedlam is at an impressive No5.

The last British star to top the USA charts was ELTON JOHN in 1997 with Candle In The Wind, so his success is no mean feat.

thesun.co.uk

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
In my little burg new music on the radio is limited to the crap from the Canadian and American Idol shows, so finally I got to hear this band & for once, all the hype is warranted. The song " Fake Tales Of San Francisco" from the March Uncut CD is great :)