Munich

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Set in the aftermath of the massacre of 11 Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics, the story follows a secret Israeli squad assigned to track down and kill the 11 Palestinians suspected to have planned the Munich attack--and the personal toll this mission of revenge takes on the team and the man who led it.

Good movie, I recommend it.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I don't forget and neither does the movie, its just an all around interesting movie in my opinion.

Was the palestinian issue in view of the world before Munich, or was it Munich that brought it to the fore front?

Oh, haven't seen the movie yet, but what kind of historical representation does it have. Does it have people saying from both sides or just one side?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Jersay said:
Isn't Steven Spielburg the Director.

yes, he is.

And the movie is based on a book written by a Canadian columnist for the National Post, George Jonas. "Vengeance: the True Story of an Israeli Counter-Terror Team" was the title.

Excellent book. James Bond, but for real. No girls, just fear, blood, death and murder.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
This movie has already been done, years ago. I think it was called Sword of Gideon or something like that. The Israelis have been shooting "suspects" for years.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
#juan said:
This movie has already been done, years ago. I think it was called Sword of Gideon or something like that. The Israelis have been shooting "suspects" for years.

I really can't blame them for shooting these guys, but they really screwed up in Norway, where they killed the wrong guy.

Yeah, Sword of Gideon was a made for TV thing, by the CBC I think.
You're right, it was based on the same book.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Killed the wrong guy.

Terrorism counter-acting terrorism. I think it is damn right dirty and I hope some of these agents went to prison.

How many civilians had to be killed because of their actions?