Brokeback Mountain

jimmoyer
I wonder if she rides on top.

May dancing visuals impair your subliminal minds.

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmoyer

I wonder if she rides on top.

May dancing visuals impair your subliminal minds.

I think not
'Brokeback Mountain' Shirts Auctioned

LOS ANGELES - Tom Gregory just spent more than $100,000 on two used cowboy shirts. And he couldn't be happier. The shirts are the ones worn by the ill-fated lovers, played by Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal, in Oscar front-runner "Brokeback Mountain."

The shirts that represent their relationship. The shirts that, to Gregory, represent the ongoing plight of gays for acceptance in society.

"They really are the ruby slippers of our time," said Gregory, 45.

A longtime gay activist, Gregory plans to keep the shirts "as they were, on the hanger, entwined."

"I would never wear them, put them on, or separate them," he said.

Gregory collects signed celebrity photos from Hollywood's golden age, but this is his first foray into movie props. Focus Features, distributor of "Brokeback Mountain," donated the two shirts, which were sold on the auction Web site ebay.com to benefit Variety The Children's Charity of Southern California.

Gregory logged his winning bid $101,100.51 just 28 seconds before the 10-day auction came to a close on Monday.

"There is no buyer's remorse," he said, characterizing the purchase as "the most fun thing I ever bought."

Dexter Sinister
Love is love. Hetero, homo, bi, whatever, it's all good and important and interesting and significant, if not to you (generic you, not singling anybody out here) then at least to the people involved.

You're a flaming hetero? Good for you, go for it; I hope you find love and happiness.

You're a dangerous dyke? Good for you, go for it; I hope you find love and happiness.

You're a twittering fag? Good for you, go for it; I hope you find love and happiness.

Whatever you are, whatever you do, wherever you go, may the wind always be at your back, may the sun shine warmly upon you, may your road always slope gently downhill, and may you always find friends who love and understand you.

Jeez, that sounds almost like a prayer, which for an unrepentant old atheist is a bit disturbing. But never mind, that's what I feel. Love each other, care for each other, help each other... if life isn't about that then nothing makes any sense and we might as well all go jump off the nearest bridge.

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister

Love is love. Hetero, homo, bi, whatever, it's all good and important and interesting and significant, if not to you (generic you, not singling anybody out here) then at least to the people involved.

You're a flaming hetero? Good for you, go for it; I hope you find love and happiness.

You're a dangerous dyke? Good for you, go for it; I hope you find love and happiness.

You're a twittering fag? Good for you, go for it; I hope you find love and happiness.

Whatever you are, whatever you do, wherever you go, may the wind always be at your back, may the sun shine warmly upon you, may your road always slope gently downhill, and may you always find friends who love and understand you.

Jeez, that sounds almost like a prayer, which for an unrepentant old atheist is a bit disturbing. But never mind, that's what I feel. Love each other, care for each other, help each other... if life isn't about that then nothing makes any sense and we might as well all go jump off the nearest bridge.

Great post Dex

glossprincess
I agree with you Dexter that love is love regardless of which sex loves which sex! But I didnt see any love in 'Brokeback Mountain' and I had a major issue with that. It was sposed to be some epic love story and I just didnt buy it at all! I found it boring, too long and very very very over-rated! I had no problem at all with the homosexuality content though....I read a good quote once...'we fall in love with a personality not a sexuality' So completely true! But anyway, so not the point....I just didnt like the movie at all.

Now 'Walk the Line'.....there is a GREAT movie!