Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Has anyone seen this movie? I was debating whether to rent it or not but don't want to waste my money if it is no good.

So if anyone has seen this movie and Ring 2 for that matter, let me know if they are worth renting, thanks. :)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Hitch Hikers Guide to

Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy is excellent. I thought it tried to stay true to the original radio play and books. It's absurd and hokey and bizarre and made me spit beer on my chest. What more do you want in a movie?

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
no1important said:
Has anyone seen this movie? I was debating whether to rent it or not but don't want to waste my money if it is no good.

So if anyone has seen this movie and Ring 2 for that matter, let me know if they are worth renting, thanks. :)

Blockbuster just sent it to me, and I am going to watch it now.
I like science fiction as a rule. Be back later.

Percy

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Re: RE: Hitch Hikers Guide to

Reverend Blair said:
You might want to wear a bib, No 1. ;-)
ha ha ha I think I can dig one out. I rented it and ring 2 and I have lots of beer (decided to have beer for a change from cider) and munchies. :D

Well went and bought a bunch of drumettes so it will be beer and hot wings tonight. Well I will be back after the show at around 11 pdt.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Sorry to disagree, but that was a stinker. I got up in the middle of it to find something else to do. I tried one more time and it was so silly, I let it run out.

I prefer the hard-core sci-fit like "Dune" or "Fifth Element" or something like that.

Uncle

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
loved it, from the singing dolphins to the ruling mice. I'll always have ** as my solution to the unsolvable. (didn't want to give too much away). Excellent casting. Great effects. A wonderful way to be entertained.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Hitch Hikers Guide to

Well I thought it was good. Pretty funny at times, so much so I almost choked on a drummette. I did not mind it. I thought the humour was along the same style as "Shaun of the Dead".

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
You mean I might laugh at a scene or 2 .Is it like the original Tv show :? I watched quite a few of those episodes

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I thought the humour was along the same style as "Shaun of the Dead".

Excellent movie.

Well it is a fiferent type of comedy/humour than the typical American comedies and really not much swearing in it either.

It's British humour. More than that, it Douglas Adams' humour. He was a very odd man.

Is it like the original Tv show Confused I watched quite a few of those episodes

Yeah, but more crammed together.

You should read the books, Momsie. It's a 5 book trilogy. :lol:

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
And if you like The Hitchhiker's ... , you should check out the sitcom Red Dwarf, too (the earlier series' are the best). 8)

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
Re: RE: Hitch Hikers Guide to

Reverend Blair said:
I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and guess that you weren't a big fan of Monty Python either, Uncle.

Don't go anywhere. I can't even remember what Monty Python is about or who he is. Must be awful for me to have totally blocked it out.

Generally I find British comedy to be pathetic. There is no range.
I like to watch movies where British actors are mixed with Americans - and there are more and more of those. Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Second Hand Lions, Bridget Jones, Notting Hill, etc.
One of my favorite comedians, though, is Eddie Izzard. I also like George Carlin and Jamie Foxx.

Uncle