Stallone back in ring for Rocky 6

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hey, Stallone is only 58 years old. Lots of people box at 58....don't they?.......................well don't they? :wink:

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Stallone back in ring

Well I guess if George Foremans grills stop selling he may be back? ha ha For a while there though a lot of old timers seemed to try and make comebacks but I don't think any were quite 58 though, but you never know what the future may hold, especially if they are low on the dough.................:wink:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Ya never know,

Stallone might play the part of the old guy with the towels and sponges. On the other hand maybe Sly took that wonder drug mentioned on the new thread.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
When last seen, Rocky had retired from the ring and just beat his protege in a street fight.

So, what's next for Balboa — Rocky dukes it out with Adrian?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I've never understood the attraction of the "Rocky" pictures, unless it was seeing Rocky get the snot beat out of him and win at the same time.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Stallone back in ring

The first two were good but went downhill fast after that. The first won actually won 3 Oscars, including best picture, believe it or not. Just like after the first Rambo it went downhill.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I enjoyed the first one, and probably the second, but how many times can you see a guy with his eyes swelled shut and his mouth hammered into hamburger. (I suspect they used bee stings) You're right, the rest were pretty bad.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
I was actually able to enjoy the series up to Rocky III, but the third film was more on the strength of Carl Weathers’ performance, than any other reason.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: Stallone back in ring

no1important said:
Well I guess if George Foremans grills stop selling he may be back? ha ha For a while there though a lot of old timers seemed to try and make comebacks but I don't think any were quite 58 though, but you never know what the future may hold, especially if they are low on the dough.................:wink:

Don't knock George Foreman's Grill, no1. It is a good alternative to outdoor bar-b-cueing when the weather's bad. I bought his anniversary model the other week. Real nice.