What is everyone's favorite book?

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I have read so many good books in my life that its hard to choose just one 8O But to of my faves are Clive Barkers Weaveworld ,And Robert Shea's The Illuminatus! Trilogy : The Eye in the Pyramid, The Golden Apple, Leviathan :wink:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
The Talisman...I read it a long time ago, but I really enjoyed it.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Good story have you read any of the Dark tower books Jay if you liked The Talisman you'll probably really enjoy that series too :wink:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
mrmom2 said:
Good story have you read any of the Dark tower books Jay if you liked The Talisman you'll probably really enjoy that series too :wink:

I picked up some of those years ago....I think it was, or was it the gun slinger series, or are they the same? I can't remember.

I stopped reading fiction for 8 years or so....But i started again at the request of my wife.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Thats the one missile 8) Jay thats the sreies and you should pick it back up the new books are good and its almost finished finaly about friggin time :wink:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I just might do that....ITN bought a book at my recomendation, and I think I should finish that one first.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
fiction: The Broken Commandment by Toson Shimazaki

non-fiction: The Columbia Historical Portrait of New York by
Kouvenhoven

I am an inveterate reader and often read 2 or 3 books at a time. And it never stops being fun!

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Trying to name your 'favourite' book is a little like trying to name your favourite breath - in fact, that's probably easier (it was the one which contained my first whiff of my now wife's favourite perfume*). However, one book I'd say everybody should read is Primo Levi's 'If This is a Man', and a must for reading to the kids (but a great read in it's own right) is 'Haroun and the Sea of Stories' by Salman Rushdie

(* :blah5: :lol: )

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
So many good books, impossible to decide. If I shut my eyes, reach into the flickering shadows of my mind for just one book, out pops...

The Story of O.

Just kidding.

... out pops...

Rohinton Mistry's 'A Fine Balance. That story had a powerful effect on my mind.

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
The Power of One is my all time favourite book. I've read it probably a dozen times, and I recommend it to everyone I meet. Like "A Fine Balance", after you're done reading it, you can't get it out of your mind.

Second favourite "The Old Man and the Sea" by Hemmingway. Read it years and years and years ago, and I still think about that book.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: What is everyone's fa

There are way too many books I really really liked. I don't have a favourite.....currently.

I really liked
Memnock The Devil and Taltos by Ann Rice
Pilgram - Timothy Findley