Sick of Tom Cruise?

Cosmo
I used to think he was ok ... now I think he's nuts. Check out this site:

tomcruiseisnuts.com/home.php (external - login to view)

Gave me a chuckle. Our Top Gun has misfired, I fear!

manda
He's just gone waaaaaaay off the deep end

roots
And now...
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,164406,00.html (external - login to view)

GL Schmitt
Quote: Originally Posted by roots

And now...
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,164406,00.html (external - login to view)

The AP story apparently got it right with Ms Bacall's quote on Tom Cruise, but they are still running the misquote about Nicole Kidman, where she is supposed to have said:

"She's not a legend. She can't be a legend at whatever age she is. ... You have to be older."

The word legend was substituted for icon by reporters, making a small but real difference in the import of her statement.

This misunderstanding was corrected during an interview with Larry King, an account of which may be found in the Wikipedia citation under Lauren Bacall / Quotes / On Nicole Kidman (external - login to view)

Ocean Breeze
sick of T.Cruise??? beyond sick (and tired)

he is simply tabloid fodder , for the many who choose to live their lives vicariously through their idols. A pretty boy , with an insatiable ego and drive for attention./spot light. Not much substance .

TenPenny
I can't take any member of the Scientology "religion" seriously...a religion started by a science fiction writer, who wrote about how he could start a religion....it's so obviously crap, it's hard to see how anyone could fall for it.

Any "celebrity" who thinks that their political or religious views are of any importance is really confused about their role in society.

mrmom2
Especially when they can't act Cruise is the same in every role he's been in terrible

peapod
He was not to bad in born on the fouth of July mom..although that role did not require toothy grins

Hard-Luck Henry
He was great in 'Far and Away'. - "Ah, bejeezus, Oi'll foight yers arl, so Oi will, bejeezus! Wid wun harnd behoinds me bak!"

Made me laugh, anyway.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

I can't take any member of the Scientology "religion" seriously...a religion started by a science fiction writer, who wrote about how he could start a religion....it's so obviously crap, it's hard to see how anyone could fall for it.

L. Ron was a decent SF writer. Too bad he decided to start a cult instead.

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

can't take any member of the Scientology "religion" seriously...a religion started by a science fiction writer, who wrote about how he could start a religion....it's so obviously crap, it's hard to see how anyone could fall for it

unfortunately there are many vunerable and insecure individuals looking for a cult to happen/or join. These same individuals are not prone to independant thinking or behavior and fall in line with "group" think far too easily. Most "celebreties"......and particularly of the motion picture industry are basically insecure and find their confidence in the many "selves" they can play act. Their "fans" reinforce their egotism and they then actually believe they have gained an inner confidence......when they have not. Inflated egos do not represent true quiet inner confidence. Most don't care what is printed about them.......as long as they are in print and on the cover of some tabloid and in everyone's face at the supermarket.