Ottawa Bluesfest/Lawn Chairs

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
I went to see ZZ Top at the bluesfest yesterday and was disappointed. Not by the band but by the space people take up by sitting on lawn chairs. I was actually told to sit down at a concert! These lazy people are ruining it for everyone else. How does a band feel when they look out on a crowed and see a bunch of people sitting on there can? I think they shouldn't allow chairs at shows. When I was in Toronto, I saw the Pixies and Weezer and it was a seating show, but when the bands came on no one was sitting down. Are people in Ottawa lazy or just lame?

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: RE: Ottawa Bluesfest/Lawn

Reverend Blair said:
It's the festival thing, Gonzo...you go and sit in the sun and watch a band. It's different than a concert.

It's not the same since they moved it from Lebretton Flats. There isn't a lot of room, and the atomosphere is different.

Personally, I think the chairs SUCK when it comes to the big shows. They're is always the other tents with less people for the chairs.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Maybe during the day people could set up chairs, but at night when the main band is on people want to dance. Some people set up there lawn chairs hours early and don’t want to move. It takes up so much space. At the front of the stage are a few people sitting down taking up space and then there are allot of people off to the sides or far at the back. It must look ridiculous from the stage. One show Blue Rodeo commented "it's good to be back in Ottawa, awful lot of you sitting down".

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Ottawa Bluesfest/Lawn

You guys need to send people out to study the Winnipeg Folk Festival. Lots of people sitting, lots of people standing, and lots of people just kind of wandering around. It works out every year, no matter how much it rains.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
I hear (yes in ontario, this was news) that the Winnipeg festival was boiling hot, disgustingly humid and MUDDY. But there was a record attendance!

Nicely done Winnipeg.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
No, I love Blue Rodeo, they hang out with a guy I know. They just aren't "stand up and scream" style. That's all. Like hey, they aren't Green Day.

Lost Together - Best all time love song.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I thought Blue Rodeo dropped off the face of the earth 15 years ago....I guess I was wrong.

The Tragically Hip is a much better band.... IMHO