Know any *Good* Canadian Films??

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
That sounds like a good movie. Suprisingly enough, I haven't seen it even though I lived up north...But I do remember seeing the making of it on the APTN. Now I have to see it!

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Do, Jo. I found it really insightful - I kept losing track of the plot, though; the landscape was so compelling I neglected to read the subtitles and just stared at it. Highly recommended.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Know any *Good* Canad

Men With Brooms is excellent. I've mentioned The Corporation before. There's that werewolf movie about the two sisters...sorry but I can't remember the name. Blackrobe is good too. Not bad...4 movies from 4 different genres just off the top of my head.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: :lol: I saw that movie rev, your right it was really good!! Hey Jo, where about were you living in the north. Tell us about it. Please 8)

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Hey Jo, where about were you living in the north.

Primarily between these locations.

Kugluktuk

Cambridge Bay

cub1c

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2005
Québec, Montréal
RE: Know any *Good* Canad

Elvis Gratton 1-2-3, Les Boys 1-2-3, Nez Rouge, Les Invasion Barbares, La Grande Séduction, Mémoire Affectives, Camping Sauvage, 15 Février 1839, Dans une galaxie près de chez vous, Le Dernier Tunnel, Ding et Dong le film, Montréal-Québec, Hochelaga, Octobre, Monica la Mitraille, Le Collectionneur, Histoire de Pen, Moise: l'affaire Rock Thériault.....

there is way much more!!!

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
seems to me there are way more interesting french films than there are english....will have to have a lookee at some of those cub1c. we saw some of david whats-his-name films...you know, the ones with the car crash and stuff, they were okay, but a bit of a yawner. who about atom egon? he is from victoria and his stuff is getting better!

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Just watched Last NIght... well, last night. :cool:

It is probably the best of the end-of-the-world genre I've ever seen. It focuses on a handful of people in Toronto on the last night of earth. Absolutely brilliant.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Would "The Shipping News" be considered Canadian? Just by filming it in Newfoundland should count for something,eh? Anyway,it's a good film.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Most of the movies that Kevin Spacey appears in are good 'uns[The Usual Suspects!]Someone mentioned Cronenburgs'"Crash"..trash is more like it;couldn't watch more than a few minutes of it,but the book by Ballard is fantastic!