What music do you listen to??

Foo1

A similar thread may have been started a ong time ago but my internet is way to slow and I'm way too lazy to go back and view all 24 pages of lounge stuff so...

What music do you listen to???

For me; 60s and 70s music. Motown, pop, rock and counry (Bob dylan). Fav bands ; Beatles (early songs), Byrds, Smokey robinson and co. Supreams, Momas and Papas, Carpenters...the list goes on.

kden604

Electoral Member
RE: What music do you lis

I like a lot of Alternative music, light rock... But more often than not I end up listening to Country :) Not the old stuff, but new country, Toby Keith, Black Hawk, Brooks and Dunn, Lonestar... A wide variety... I like Jimmy Rankin's album "Songdog" too, I didn't much care for the "The Rankin Family" when they were together, but alone his music is good.

Munkustrap

Nominee Member
Mar 3, 2005
Ottawa
I'll name some bands, and you can judge for yourself. Tears for Fears, The Tea Party, Savatage, The Burt Neilson Band, Lacuna Coil, Moxy Fruvous, Tracy Chapman, Sage Francis. Those are some, whatever genre those guys fit into...

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Foo1 said:
A similar thread may have been started a ong time ago but my internet is way to slow and I'm way too lazy to go back and view all 24 pages of lounge stuff so...

What music do you listen to???

For me; 60s and 70s music. Motown, pop, rock and counry (Bob dylan). Fav bands ; Beatles (early songs), Byrds, Smokey robinson and co. Supreams, Momas and Papas, Carpenters...the list goes on.

You've named (though rarely spelled correctly) a lot of my favourites, too. Although the Carpenters could have done Bar Mitzvahs, and I would still say "go home!".
However, like Gonzo, I also have heard a bit of Modest Mouse and like it too! As well as a few selections in between, both musically and chronologically. My wife and I can enjoy Bare Naked Ladies, Tragically Hip, vintage CSN&Y, and also the latest thing to be uncovered via Definately Not The Opera (not always, but sometimes!)
Yes. I'm an old fart -and must admit that if I had the same Loser attitude that Kurt Cobain had - I would have probably eaten a shotgun, too!
Phuck off,and get a life!

There is so much ahead of you - ALL OF YOU! Won't always be easy; in fact, it will sometimes be a bitch.

But it is THERE....... go find it.

HOCK

Nominee Member
Feb 18, 2005
Kingston, Ontario
Favorite group has always been the Beatles (when they were together and even after they split). Also its late 60s and early 70s music (OLDIES 960 Kingston). Rock, easy listening and NO COUNTRY!!! In my opinion, for whatever that worth....music has been down hill since the mid 70s. There is still some very good music today but most of it is crap.....

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I listen to a huge variety of things:

Pop / Rock / Alternative / Classical / 80s / Electronic / Dance

Robbin

Mar 28, 2005
Re: RE: What music do you listen to??

Hey, so I guess you like Dada Pogrom then? He does film as well, the last time I check through beatkamp, a label.

Andem said:
I listen to a huge variety of things:

Pop / Rock / Alternative / Classical / 80s / Electronic / Dance

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
noticed this thread so I checked my audio plays of the day. Partial list goes - Neil Young, Emenem, L Cohen, Albert King, Fifty Cent, Clash, Rossini, Lou Reed, Stones, Sam Cook, L McKennitt, Tupac, Snoop Dog, P Tosh, and Pink Floyd. When I write usually Neil Young is background. I hope he came through surgery and will have full recovery.