french canadian music

cub1c

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2005
Québec, Montréal
You guys should really look at the new sensation in Québec right now.

Dumas
A very talented 23 years old auteur-compositeur-interprete, from Québec. You may have heard about him at the Junos where he won for a soundtrack of Les Aimants.

He is also kind enough to release 3 songs of his latest album on his website for free. I bought his album and really suggest you try it too!

Dumas's website: http://www.dumasmusique.com

Take a look at his videos too:
http://www.dromadaire.com/steve_dumas/videos

HockeyBabe

Electoral Member
Oct 13, 2004
Seattle
I still love Céline Dion. Plus, she lives nice and close to me too. It's like, she moved from my boyfriend's hometown (Québec) to mine! My mother is a real estate agent and she looked up her Las Vegas house on MLX. It's really nice!! ;)

HockeyBabe

Electoral Member
Oct 13, 2004
Seattle
yeah, I do love Céline...and damn proud! lol jk and sadly, I do live in vegas :( stupid stupid STUPID country!!! I want Canada!! :cry: *clears throat* ok, I'm good. :wink:

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
There are some places in the US that are nice, but Vegas isn't one of them (for me anyway). Nothing beats Canada though.
Corey Hart is from Montreal. Does that count as french Canadian music? I used to like him (when I was very young, around 7). Sunglasses at Night was a cool song.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Projet Orange is Quebecois music. I have a couple of their English songs, but none of the French stuff yet.

HockeyBabe

Electoral Member
Oct 13, 2004
Seattle
Gonzo said:
There are some places in the US that are nice, but Vegas isn't one of them (for me anyway). Nothing beats Canada though.
Corey Hart is from Montreal. Does that count as french Canadian music? I used to like him (when I was very young, around 7). Sunglasses at Night was a cool song.

yeah, but only the states up north, because they learn their manner from Canada. :wink: but then, Utah and Colorado are pretty nice too...well I haven't been to very many states to know, but I don't care! the damn country sucks!! lol

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I've got to put a plug in for my favourite French performer..Daniel Langlois. Not only a world famous producer of bands like U2,but an amazing singer ,songwriter and musician on his own.If you ever get the opportunity to buy any of his 3 recordings,do so!

Laika

Electoral Member
Apr 22, 2005
Where The Wild Things Are
Who does that song "Liberate Us From The Liberals"? (Except in French) That song rocks!!

Does anyone know if and where I can download it? I've told my friend about it, but he hasn't heard it yet.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Re: RE: french canadian music

missile said:
I've got to put a plug in for my favourite French performer..Daniel Langlois. Not only a world famous producer of bands like U2,but an amazing singer ,songwriter and musician on his own.If you ever get the opportunity to buy any of his 3 recordings,do so!

He wrote the song for Les Tripplette de Belleville. Awsome dude!

I loved his techno stuff he did awhile back.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Re: RE: french canadian music

Laika said:
Who does that song "Liberate Us From The Liberals"? (Except in French) That song rocks!!

Does anyone know if and where I can download it? I've told my friend about it, but he hasn't heard it yet.

Loco Locas. They are a left wing group that sing about social causes. They are also one of the biggest groups supporting seperatism at this moment. Them and Les Cowboys Fringuant. One of my favorites.