Concert Experiences!!!

Girl82

Feb 23, 2005
Vancouver Island
Gone to a concert lately? Let's hear about it~

In the last few years I've gone to Billy Talent, Metric, Death From Above 1979, Red Hot chili Peppers, Tegan and Sara, Lindy.
Last night I went and saw The Waking Eyes, The Marble Index and Boy.

I was not impresse with Death From Above 1979 - too much screaming and noise for my liking. RHCP are stellar in concert(especially now they are off drugs) Tegan and Sara are a definite must see, they are very talented and Canadian!! The Waking Eyes, Marble Index and Boy are all new Canadian bands that have some decent talent. Check 'em out!

I am also going to see Velvet Revolver next month~

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
I saw the Rheostatics in Victoria in December. They're a great Canadian band. Alas, I missed the Pixies here last year. I heard it was amazing (one of the best bands ever). The best concert I ever saw was when I was a wee little one getting in to see Motley Crue on there Feelgood tour in 1990. I must of been 13. Pyro, foul language, girls dancing, drum set on tracks on the roof, bungee jumping drummer into the crowd. They new how to put on a good show.
I saw the Chili Peppers in Ottawa, Queens of the Stone Age opened up (another good band). The Chili's are alot better with John Frusciante on guitar (he's on Mothers milk, Blood Sugar Sex Magic, and there last two albums).

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Neil Young is great. I saw him in Ottawa as well. I get together with my friends and play his tunes on the ol' accoustic guitar. It's great. You have a few beers and then you can sound just like him singing. At least thats what it sounds like to our drunk ears.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well the concert I saw in vancouver with galaniomama was a little different but I really liked it, called greendale..kind of like Play. The place was jammed packed with rusty fans :p whoa did galaniomama act up that night :? Gonzo did you hear that cher and rod stewart are going to in victoria? Sold out tho.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
is it safe to come out now, pea..........i am assuming your ma and pa kettle-look -alikes have now left. ma and pa have left the building........

yeah, the concert with the ol' rusty was good, but i asked you go go see cher if you remember, and you told me 'hell no'. hmmm, i change of mind, i presume???? :twisted:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Concert Experiences!!

Went and saw AC DC last time they were here in Vancouver.
It was excellent. They had a 50ft Rosie. the air was herbally green. There were people my parents age and people young enough to be my.......brothers or sisters

Offspring were the best I've seen.

Saw the Tragically Hip. It was tragic! Mr. downy thought he was in some small beatnick poetry venue or something. We couldn't hear him. The best part of the concert was a friend was dancing in the ailes just like Elaine from Seinfeld. Although I don't think he meant to.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Best performer I've seen so far is Sarah Mclachlan. It was as if you were in the recording studio with her.

Best band; Ministry.

Fun; was Great Big Sea.

Going to see Sting in April. :)

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
The most talented live band I've seen is Blue Rodeo. They sound better live then on the CD's. Sure, no pyro or smashing of guitars, but they're Canada's best live band.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
When my little sister was too young to know better, I think about 9 or 10, she was a fan of a boy band called "Bros". God, they were bad; horrible sqealy little pre-pubescent voices and even worse drum-machine based "songs". The thing is, I bought her some tickets so she and a friend could go to a gig, and an extra one for her friend's Mum to accompany them. Then her friends Mum dropped out. (Oh yes).
She was in tears at the thought of missing her heartthrobs so, after much soul-searching, I "volunteered" to go. I still have nightmares; you must appreciate, I'm sat in the middle 8,000 pre-teen girls, all shreiking "we luv you Whoever!!!!!" at the tops of their voices - and, believe me, their voices were very "toppy". Still, at least I couldn't hear the band. And it gave my friends a good laugh, so it's not all bad.

btw Neil Young is cool, Harvest is one of my absolute favourite albums of all time. Cher and Rod Stewart, by contrast, are a boil on the backside of humanity, and should desist from inflicting any further pain on my already beleaguered ears forthwith.