Fatboy Slim - Cat Video

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
For all the cat lovers: the new video of Fatboy Slim - The Joker 8) Click the link. Don't mind the lady at the start - the video will start within 10 seconds after that. Enjoy!

LINK

PS: just click the link on the page, Fatboy Slim - The Joker video (kabel/ADSL)

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hey! Rick van Opbergen

I like dogs.

Yuh know; I had a cocker spaniel which I trained to get my newspaper or advertising stuff from the mail slot in my apartment door.

I starved the dog for 2 days.
Then I cut up some hotdog weiners and it only took 6 tries for the dog to learn the trick.

But, I never thought of when the paper was delivered on Wednesday and Saturday. Both these days have lots of content and usually it is "stuffed" into the slot. Actually, on those days it was easier to open the door and grab the paper from outside, rather than trying to pull the big edition through the mail slot.

Every Wednesday and Saturday my newspaper could be found torn to shreds at the apartment door because my dog worked hours trying to pull it through the mail slot.

And worse .... evertime someone opened the fire escape door on our floor, my mail slot cover shook a bit and made some noise.
The dog was always rushing to the door at every sound.

Very stupid of me.
I could not untrain it.

Calm

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
:) Yep, sounds familiar, although our dog is hard to train. At one point, when he was just a puppy, we tried him to teach to lie down. We overtrained though, and for months after that, he assumed that everytime he got his food, a cookie or we were just looking at him, he just crashed down, really, it was just crashing down, he just plunged to the floor. He still does that sometimes, when we want to give him a cookie, we say "sit" but instead of that he lies down - it's of course not as a big deal as your experiences, but the idea is the same :)

By the way, we thought of taking a Cocker Spaniel, especially my mom is fond of them, but then we saw a Beaglepup and we were sold ... hahahahaha.