What are you listening to right now?

Andem
What song are you listening to at the moment?

peapod
I am listening to the pet shop boys, cause I like them alot.

Andem
*puts on F:\MP3Z\Charts von 1986\1986 - 16 - Pet Shop Boys - West end girls.mp3*

Diamond Sun
Really andem? Cindi Lauper??

Well, I can't really say much, I could listen to Glass Tiger over and over and over.

Although, right now I love Bruce Guthro. If you haven't heard of him, check him out. He's an east coaster!

Andem
Now I'm listening to the soundtrack of Run Lola Run.. Good beats!

Rick van Opbergen
Junior Jack - Stupidisco; Good Charlotte - Predictable; Fatboy Slim - Rockafeller Skank; Lange Frans & Baas B - Zinloos; Counting Crows - Accidentally In Love

peapod
You like thepet shop boys admen I love their music. Right now I am listening to marianne faithful broken english, her best cd.

Reverend Blair
Broken English is fantastic.

Right now I've Luther Wright and the Wrongs Guitar Pickin's Martyrs on. I have "Broken F***in' Heart turned up so loud that every kid on the block will be singing it tomorrow, actually.

vista
Krishna Das - Indian kurtans to western style rhythms.

I played some of his music for my neighbour up north and she started screaming, "What's that! What't that! I love it. BURN me a copy!!"

We would sit around a fire chanting away.

Krishna Das was here in the spring time at a DTN Toronto yoga centre. A cool evening. A crowd of like-minded peaceful people sitting on the floor chanting with each other. It doesn't get better than that...

Courtsey of amazon - don't click - copy and paste then enter for windows media sample

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/cl...801392-3536903 (external - login to view)

Haggis McBagpipe
Andem, I love that theme from Run Lola Run. It's a favourite movie of mine, too. I'm with you, too, in having a distinct preference for slow music.

I am listening to Eve of Destruction. It seemed fitting, somehow.

peapod
Here is a link to the new smacking lips album, you can listen to the entire album on line....its really good.

www.flaminglips.com/main.php (external - login to view)

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

Andem, I love that theme from Run Lola Run. It's a favourite movie of mine, too. I'm with you, too, in having a distinct preference for slow music.

I am listening to Eve of Destruction. It seemed fitting, somehow.

Yup.. “Lola Rennt” or Run Lola Run is in my top 3 list of favourite movies.. maybe top 5 depending on my mood. We seem to have similar tastes

Rick van Opbergen
Aha I already thought you meant "Lola Rennt" ... a classic, even for an 18-year old

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Yup.. “Lola Rennt” or Run Lola Run is in my top 3 list of favourite movies.. maybe top 5 depending on my mood. We seem to have similar tastes 8)

8-) The music sure drives that movie, it is incredible. I get more out of it every time I see it, too. So hyperkinetic, it mesmerizes me, I get into a kind of hyped-up state.

Good stuff comes out of Germany. All the German movies I've seen range from very good to bloody excellent.

tkmadison
oh geez...i have a 4000+ song playlist on shuffle...
but when i'm mobile, i'm listening to either Book of Horizons or Book M by the Secret Chiefs 3, as well as the Urban Renewal Project compilation. My favourite song on that album is Thisaboutthecitytoo by Themselves.

JDream
Lange Frans & Baas B - Zinloos

And Listening to DJ Outblast Ft Korsakoff - Unleash The Beast atm

Rick van Opbergen
Ook al "Zinloos" ... grappig!

peapod
the tractors

Rick van Opbergen
Is that a band?

peapod
yes as well as a farm tool :P ricky did you listen to the smacking lips I posted up a little further up?

Rick van Opbergen
Huh smacking lips? In this thread?

peapod
ya look up further in my post, you can listen to their whole new ablum online, I provided the address

Rick van Opbergen
You mean the Flaming Lips?

JDream
Zinloos is goeedddd

peapod
I have not had coffee yet gimme a break, I said break not 5 :P

Rick van Opbergen
Flaming Lips, Flaming Ears, Flaming Eyes, Flaming Eyebrows, Flaming Teeth ... I really don't like coffee, dunno why ...

peapod
The british have excellent bands! fubbleskag sent me a video clip of a band called the electric 6, they are awesome a new band out of detroit. Have you heard them? search google and look for a video clip called gay bar...its really good :P

Rick van Opbergen
"Gay bar"? ... ehm OK I'll googlelize it ...

Rick van Opbergen
www.rathergood.com/gaybar/ (external - login to view) ....

peapod
I love that guys site :P I really like the electric 6 they make you wanna dance :P I really like nickelback to. Do you know how they came up with that name? I heard them tell it once on the radio.