Falco Superstar! [split]

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: Canadians Moving to the US

Andem said:
The only ones I know of who would move to the United States specifically for political reasons would be considered as Right-Wing extremists by Americans and possibly "Psychos" by average Europeans or Canadians.

Oh god, PLEASE let Stephen Harper be one of them....

Andem, your new avatar is great, I LOVE Falco!!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
RE: Canadians Moving to the US

OMG, Haggis.. You love Falco??? So do I! He's my fav. singer of all time!

Jeanny!! Quit livin' on dreams :D

I was just introducing peapod, sent her a couple of mp3s.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: Canadians Moving to the US

Andem said:
OMG, Haggis.. You love Falco??? So do I! He's my fav. singer of all time!

Hallo... Vienna caaaalling, hallo... Vienna caaaalling! This many years later and I still have that song running through my head. I have that album, too. Oh my, and he is a cutie, too. Just killed me when I saw that avatar.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I'm so excited that there's another Falco fan on this forum! That's so great.

I got the albums "Falco III" and "Einzelhaft" while I was in Germany last. Great, great music. I can't really find any other his other stuff other than Rock me Amadeus here in Toronto or anywhere else in Ontario or Quebec for that matter. Most of my collection is mp3s and/or converted to normal CD burns.

I wish he was still around to continue his music. He died in the Dominican Republic in 1998 :~( in a car accident.

I would really have liked to see an ending to his Jeanny trilogy.. A proper ending, not some bootleg mix of unreleased stuff.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: Falco Superstar! [split]

Andem said:
I wish he was still around to continue his music. He died in the Dominican Republic in 1998 :~( in a car accident.

Geez, you're kidding me, I didn't realize that. 8-(

I have the red album, can't think of the name, it is a gorgeous cover. We bought it in Germany, so don't know if it is available here. I have to go find it, my records are in a mess because we so rarely listen to records anymore.

It is so cool and so funny to hear the name Falco again! He was really good! I love that suddenly he has his own thread. :cool:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I think the album you're talking about is

Falco III. I might be wrong. You should pull out his album and have a listen :D You won't regret it.

My fav has gotta be:

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
The first one, the red one, sure looks like it. Yes, I really have to dig it out, especially since my favourite song is running through my brain now!

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Hey Andem, the file came through but was corrupted. I sent you an email, but you haven't resent the file. I am psyched to hear it, so hurry up and send it!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Excellent.. I will send you more. Just keep your eye open from mail from me :D Come on rock me amadeus, oh oh oh, ah ah ah ah, oh oh oh. Er war superstar, er war popular..

Pemmican

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2004
Westphalia
Re: RE: Falco Superstar! [split]

Haggis McBagpipe said:
You are one crazy kinda Falco fan! Thanks, I'm enjoying it.

Wow, I didn't even know so many people know Johann Hölzl alias Falco... *WOW*

I was shocked when I heard about his death, just after he had released "Out of the Dark" (a fantastic song!) which then reached No.1 in Germany's charts. He was really a fantastic singer!!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Out of the dark was a great song... I have two versions of it on MP3 and one on CD somewhere... I don't listen to CDs anymore, and my mp3 versions are kinda ehmmm, crappy.