Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Ron Glass Dead: ‘Barney Miller’ and ‘Firefly’ Star Dies at 71 | Variety

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Rest in Peace

How many Barney Miller characters are still alive?

I know that Fish aka Abe Vigoda preceded him.........don't know about the others, LW. I liked everyone on the show - it was well cast, but I have to say, I loved Fish............that face...........the expressions.

Fare Thee Well Ron.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Rest in Peace

How many Barney Miller characters are still alive?

According to IMDB:
Hal Linden: ALIVE 85
Abe Vigoda: DEAD (really)
Steve Kabdesberg: DEAD (2010)
Gregory Sierra: ALIVE 74
Max Gail: ALIVE 73
Ron Glass: DEAD
Ron Carey: DEAD (2007)
Jack Soo: DEAD (1979)
James Gregory: DEAD (2002) [Inspector Frank Luger]
Barbara Barrie: ALIVE 85 [Mrs. Miller]
George Murdock: DEAD (2012) [Lt. Ben Scanton]

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Thanks for the last post alert of my contemporaries. Is this to intimidate old people? You will bleed fore that student loan for five more decades, while I decompose in peace.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I thought Jack Soo was pretty good.

They were all very good. But those days are gone, now the trend is down, the ravages of time, tick tock tick tock tick tock bong, the hour.

The passing American epoch.You will have to bomb the ICC. Generations of repartations following the Nazi example. Customers for generations. Look what you did to us. The Washington trials will mirror Nuremburg. The reparatrions will be lucrative. The worlds second freeze dried nation. Usa home of emptiness. Land of semi submerged aircraft carriers. Memorial upon memorial until it's dryed to perfection. The land should be used to promote the growth of humans, instead of Americans. Thinjgs we hear in the Boreal forrest, alone with our chainsaws.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
They were all very good. But those days are gone, now the trend is down, the ravages of time, tick tock tick tock tick tock bong, the hour.

The passing American epoch.You will have to bomb the ICC. Generations of repartations following the Nazi example. Customers for generations. Look what you did to us. The Washington trials will mirror Nuremburg. The reparatrions will be lucrative. The worlds second freeze dried nation. Usa home of emptiness. Land of semi submerged aircraft carriers. Memorial upon memorial until it's dryed to perfection. The land should be used to promote the growth of humans, instead of Americans. Thinjgs we hear in the Boreal forrest, alone with our chainsaws.
I love the sound of a chainsaw and timbers falling. Reminds me of that old movie classic Spencers Mountain"

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I loved that show. One actor whose name looked to be misspelled who I also loved was Steve Landesberg, I still remember an episode where his character endured a polygraph and was asked something like, "where were you born?", and he deadpanned, "on a small planet far, far away". and passed. I thought that was hilarious.

I also remember Ron Glass from the short running series Firefly, which starred Nathan Fillion who also made references to that series in numerous episodes of "Castle". My oldest has the box set of that series, and I don't know why it was cancelled, but that's a discussion for another day. We've lost another really good actor we invited into our homes every week.

Rest in peace Ron.