Yay or Nay?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
"The Classics" eh?

Of course it's a classic, why would it not be called a classic? Because it's a comedy? Because it was made in the 80s?

Because it features a 50 foot tall Marshmallow Man?

Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath borne me on his back a thousand times, and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Because it features a 50 foot tall Marshmallow Man?

Wagner wrote a fifteen hour long opera about one of those just before they tossed him into a rubber room.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I thought it was an alright movie. A classic? I don't know about that . When I think of classics I think of movies like "Inherit the wind". Gone with the Wind. Grapes of Wrath . Of Mice and Men. Movies like that.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'Ghostbusters' reboot trailer 'most disliked' of all time
WENN.com
First posted: Monday, May 02, 2016 11:14 AM EDT | Updated: Monday, May 02, 2016 11:37 AM EDT
The trailer for the Ghostbusters reboot, starring Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig, is the most disliked film trailer on YouTube ever.
The trailer for the all-female remake of the classic 1984 comedy currently has 582,663 dislikes at the time of writing versus its 210,688 likes. It is also the only movie trailer, according to ScreenCrush, to make it onto the list of YouTube's Top 100 most disliked videos.
The clip, which was released back in March, was beaten to the top of the list by Justin Bieber's music video for his 2010 hit Baby, which currently has 6.3 million dislikes.
The Paul Feig directed movie also stars Leslie Jones, Kate McKinnon and Chris Hemsworth, and is due to be released on July 15.
However, it isn't all bad news for the Ghostbuster franchise, as it was announced the original movie, starring Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson, is getting a limited re-release in the U.S.
Ahead of the new reboot being released, the 1984 comedy will be screened in more than 750 cinemas on 8 and 12 June, and viewers will also get a sneak preview of the Melissa McCarthy-fronted movie.
'Ghostbusters' reboot trailer 'most disliked' of all time | Movies | Entertainme

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
'Ghostbusters' reboot trailer 'most disliked' of all time
WENN.com
First posted: Monday, May 02, 2016 11:14 AM EDT | Updated: Monday, May 02, 2016 11:37 AM EDT
The trailer for the Ghostbusters reboot, starring Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig, is the most disliked film trailer on YouTube ever.
The trailer for the all-female remake of the classic 1984 comedy currently has 582,663 dislikes at the time of writing versus its 210,688 likes. It is also the only movie trailer, according to ScreenCrush, to make it onto the list of YouTube's Top 100 most disliked videos.
The clip, which was released back in March, was beaten to the top of the list by Justin Bieber's music video for his 2010 hit Baby, which currently has 6.3 million dislikes.
The Paul Feig directed movie also stars Leslie Jones, Kate McKinnon and Chris Hemsworth, and is due to be released on July 15.
However, it isn't all bad news for the Ghostbuster franchise, as it was announced the original movie, starring Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson, is getting a limited re-release in the U.S.
Ahead of the new reboot being released, the 1984 comedy will be screened in more than 750 cinemas on 8 and 12 June, and viewers will also get a sneak preview of the Melissa McCarthy-fronted movie.
'Ghostbusters' reboot trailer 'most disliked' of all time | Movies | Entertainme

This Youtube video sums up peoples opinions of the new ghost busters movie!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7KVbTcvjJg

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'Ghostbusters' librarian Alice Drummond dead at 88
WENN.com
First posted: Saturday, December 03, 2016 07:45 PM EST | Updated: Saturday, December 03, 2016 08:06 PM EST
Actress Alice Drummond, famous for her role as the librarian in Ghostbusters, has died at the age of 88.
The character actress, who also starred in several U.S. soap operas and was a regular on Broadway during the 1960s and 1970s, died on Wednesday, her friend confirmed to The New York Times.
June Gable said Drummond’s death was caused by complications from a fall she suffered two months ago.
The star appeared on Broadway shows, including The Ballad of the Sad Cafe and You Can’t Take It With You, and landed a Tony Award nomination in 1970 for best featured actress in a play for her performance in Murray Schisgal’s The Chinese.
Before making her break into movies, Drummond starred as Nurse Jackson on the 1967 series Dark Shadows and had regular roles on CBS soap dramas Where the Heart Is and As the World Turns.
However, it was her role as a frightened librarian who is questioned by Bill Murray in 1984’s Ghostbusters that is her most memorable.
She is also widely remembered for playing one of Robin Williams’ patients in 1990’s Awakenings, an Oscar-nominated film based on the real-life story of British neurologist Oliver Sacks.
Drummond most recently appeared on-screen as a senile woman in the 2010 comedy Furry Vengeance, starring Brendan Fraser, Samantha Bee, Ken Jeong and Brooke Shields.
Alice Drummond in "Ghostbusters." (Video screenshot)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljCbNmoZrgU
'Ghostbusters' librarian Alice Drummond dead at 88 | Celebrities | Entertainment