Leftovers

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Leftovers.

A new show.

Just watched episode 1. Anyone see this?

Looks intriguing.

Here's what we're dealing with in case you've missed it: we pick up in a very normal town three years after October 14th, when a Rapture-like event just disappears most of the population. Babies crying in cars, dogs, dads. Just up and gone.
The town is trying to collectively feel...something. A congressional hearing plays on the televisions: no one knows what the heck happened. And just in case you're worried this going all "Under the Dome" on you, it's not. It's complex, and better, kind of spooky. It's HBO after all.

<i>The Leftovers</i> Recap: 'They're Not Our Dogs'Â*|Â*Karen Fratti

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I PVRed it so I have to wait for my daughter to get home Sunday to watch. Probably have two to watch by then.
Glad it has promise anyway.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I PVRed it so I have to wait for my daughter to get home Sunday to watch. Probably have two to watch by then.
Glad it has promise anyway.
oh yeah, it is really intriguing...acting is good, well written...don't know how long the premise will hold our interest but it is a high quality show...

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I sort of half watched the first episode of this, seemed a bit dry but I might check it out On Demand later. Intriguing premise, although I seem to recall seeing a few shows set for this fall that have a similar premise to them. But more about people having gone missing suddenly reappearing or something.

Slightly off-topic, has anyone seen Penny Dreadful?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I sort of half watched the first episode of this, seemed a bit dry but I might check it out On Demand later. Intriguing premise, although I seem to recall seeing a few shows set for this fall that have a similar premise to them. But more about people having gone missing suddenly reappearing or something.

I saw the first one it's a tad too close to horror for me...the only horror I am comfortable with is King don't know why his character development gets me through but this show won't be for me.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I saw the first one it's a tad too close to horror for me...the only horror I am comfortable with is King don't know why his character development gets me through but this show won't be for me.

It's very classic horror though. Dracula, Frankenstein, the Wolfman, they even tossed in Dorian Gray and smattering of The Exorcist for good measure. Sounds like a dogs breakfast I know but it somehow all worked.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It's very classic horror though. Dracula, Frankenstein, the Wolfman, they even tossed in Dorian Gray and smattering of The Exorcist for good measure. Sounds like a dogs breakfast I know but it somehow all worked.
yes I can see that...it has a certain sophistication for sure...well written

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Love the look of Penny Dreadful. Only watched the pilot so far. Liked what I saw.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Love the look of Penny Dreadful. Only watched the pilot so far. Liked what I saw.

It was quite good. I'm planning a re-watch over the summer. Either some miserable rainy or perhaps dreadfully hot day, although rainy would be more 'atmospheric'. I'm looking forward to season two and I'm interested in watching Leftovers as well.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

its a new tv show called the returned that will be on a&e.

Leftovers.

A new show.

Just watched episode 1. Anyone see this?

Looks intriguing.

Here's what we're dealing with in case you've missed it: we pick up in a very normal town three years after October 14th, when a Rapture-like event just disappears most of the population. Babies crying in cars, dogs, dads. Just up and gone.
The town is trying to collectively feel...something. A congressional hearing plays on the televisions: no one knows what the heck happened. And just in case you're worried this going all "Under the Dome" on you, it's not. It's complex, and better, kind of spooky. It's HBO after all.

<i>The Leftovers</i> Recap: 'They're Not Our Dogs'Â*|Â*Karen Fratti
i'm glad its not about cannibals. :shock: ;) I will have to live vicariously through you all. :(

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Maybe that's another one, this is the one I saw a preview for

Resurrection (TV Series 2014– ) - IMDb

But from what I'm reading they are both remakes of a French show called Les Revenants. Variations on a theme.

This one also looked interesting based on the previews.

Wayward Pines (TV Series 2014– ) - IMDb

i'm glad its not about cannibals. :shock: ;) I will have to live vicariously through you all. :(
When I first saw the title of the thread, I thought for a second I'd end up in Juan's Kitchen and Sal was telling us what she was having for dinner. :D

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
oh yeah, it is really intriguing...acting is good, well written...don't know how long the premise will hold our interest but it is a high quality show...

Just rewatched the first episode, and paid more attention to it lol. Intriguing stuff for sure, but felt so heavy and depressing. I'm hoping the mood picks up a bit (on the mystery aspects of the show) because if I have to feel like that the whole season, I'm not going to make it through.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Maybe that's another one, this is the one I saw a preview for

Resurrection (TV Series 2014– ) - IMDb

But from what I'm reading they are both remakes of a French show called Les Revenants. Variations on a theme.

This one also looked interesting based on the previews.

Wayward Pines (TV Series 2014– ) - IMDb

When I first saw the title of the thread, I thought for a second I'd end up in Juan's Kitchen and Sal was telling us what she was having for dinner. :D
no middle of the road shows any more...they either have the ability to keep your attention for a millisecond (most everything on most stations) or they are slick, well written and intense I am happy that lately new excellence is appearing.

On a side road...how many fuking times can they remake Planet of the Apes...it looks compelling but seriously isn't this the third or fourth time around?

guess you aren't a Walking Dead freak then... :p