Actress sued for refusing to do nude scenes

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Actress sued for refusing to do nude scenes
WENN.com
First posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:48 AM EDT | Updated: Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:50 AM EDT
Actress Anne Greene has been hit with a breach of contract lawsuit by producers of U.S. TV series Femme Fatales after she refused to appear fully nude in sex scenes for the show.
In 2012, Greene filed a complaint in Los Angeles Superior Court against executives at production company True Crime, Cinemax network, on which the show airs, Time Warner and HBO, who own Cinemax.
Greene claimed she was "bullied into performing nude scenes and sexually harassed" during her time on the show, and two months before a scheduled trial, bosses at True Crime have filed a counter-suit accusing the actress of breaching the "Nudity Rider" she signed, agreeing to appear on film fully naked.
In the counter-suit, lawyers claim Greene caused a "substantial delay and disruption" to filming, and insist if she had expressed her concerns earlier, they would have replaced her with another actress.
Bosses also state that because Greene refused to go onscreen topless unless she wore nipple-obscuring pasties, she was also violating the HBO network's strict policy which prohibits actresses from wearing the fitted coverings.
True Crime executives are seeking $85,000 in damages.
Femme Fatales' promotional poster. (Femme Fatales/Facebook photo)

Actress sued for refusing to do nude scenes | TV | Entertainment | Toronto Sun
did the writers not discuss with her them wanting her to do nudity? :confused:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I don't know many men who, if asked, wouldn't happily disrobe and be nekkid. I know very few women who would be willing to go completely naked (while sober)

What happens to girls that makes them so much more "modest" than men? Considering how much women joke and mock the male body you'd think that no man would ever show his birthday suit.

Me, personally, would love to see more nekkid men on tv or in the movies.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
I don't know many men who, if asked, wouldn't happily disrobe and be nekkid. I know very few women who would be willing to go completely naked (while sober)

What happens to girls that makes them so much more "modest" than men? Considering how much women joke and mock the male body you'd think that no man would ever show his birthday suit.

I like hiking. I ended up hiking at a nude beach last week. Everyone was in the buff except me.

I took my shirt and pants off, but I kept my shoes on. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. :)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I like hiking. I ended up hiking at a nude beach last week. Everyone was in the buff except me.

I took my shirt and pants off, but I kept my shoes on. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. :)

Your adventure me of when I was out walking my dogs on the beach and came across a naked male sun bather who also had a dog. For a few seconds I wasn't sure if I should engage him in conversation while our dogs were busy conversing. For some reason his nudity made me suddenly unsure. In the end, I said hi, nice day. He ignored me.

I think it was that I wasn't expecting him to be naked, rather than the fact that he was naked.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
so since we're pondering nekkid...something I have never, ever, understood...if you've just slept with someone, why do you need to rip the sheets off the bed and twist em around your nekkidness... If you've just slept with someone shouldn't ya feel okey dokey just getting up and headin' to the washroom... what's with the "oh, I'm so shy" suddenly...

splain please

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Your adventure me of when I was out walking my dogs on the beach and came across a naked male sun bather who also had a dog. For a few seconds I wasn't sure if I should engage him in conversation while our dogs were busy conversing. For some reason his nudity made me suddenly unsure. In the end, I said hi, nice day. He ignored me.

I think it was that I wasn't expecting him to be naked, rather than the fact that he was naked.

I know the feeling of surprise. I was hiking along a secluded beach last year when I passed a young lady in the buff working on her tan. I was surprised to see her because it wasn't a nude beach. She seemed anxious that I would eyeball her. I couldn't possibly have cared less (sad for me) about looking at her charms. I was a little annoyed, but hurried on down the strand. About a quarter of a mile away I saw on old fellow wearing the worst looking swim trunks in the world walking in the opposite direction. As I got closer I noticed that he was strolling along buck naked. I was surprised at first, then I grew amused at the thought that the naked old fellow displaying his junk was soon going to encounter the young lady in the buff who didn't want to be eyeballed. :)

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
so since we're pondering nekkid...something I have never, ever, understood...if you've just slept with someone, why do you need to rip the sheets off the bed and twist em around your nekkidness... If you've just slept with someone shouldn't ya feel okey dokey just getting up and headin' to the washroom... what's with the "oh, I'm so shy" suddenly...

splain please

I think thats just a movie thing. Probably has something to do with one actor or another not wanting to be nude.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

splain please

if they're the lights off kind of individual...or the kind that just lays there....or they just woke up sober maybe?

or young. This one get me. When I was young, had a perfectly toned, non gravitationally affected body I was someone shy about being stared at. Now with gravity, age, child bearing affecting parts of it, if you feel you need to stare, have at it. Why now am I more comfortable in my skin then I was when things were perfect?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

Id be one of those men. I dont like being naked at all. If I had the choice I never would disrobe. Not a fear of being seen, i just find it uncomfortable.

As for women being more modest - conditioning.

And yes more men probably should appear that way in movies/tv just to equalize things a bit. Its almost always just women.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Id be one of those men. I dont like being naked at all. If I had the choice I never would disrobe. Not a fear of being seen, i just find it uncomfortable.

As for women being more modest - conditioning.

And yes more men probably should appear that way in movies/tv just to equalize things a bit. Its almost always just women.

That's the thing eh.

You don't want to catch or snag anything on something sharp, or rough. Don't need anything pinched or squished out of place.

Besides, floppy wieners, loose saggy hairy sacks swaying to and fro. It's an eyesore. We're not doing anyone any favours.

Also, nobody wants to leave a mark, shall we say...a dirty taint on the good furniture. No amount of flowers and chick flicks makes up for that. Oh, and I'm speculating there of course, just imagining what could happen. Yeah.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
That's the thing eh.

You don't want to catch or snag anything on something sharp, or rough. Don't need anything pinched or squished out of place.

Besides, floppy wieners, loose saggy hairy sacks swaying to and fro. It's an eyesore. We're not doing anyone any favours.

Also, nobody wants to leave a mark, shall we say...a dirty taint on the good furniture. No amount of flowers and chick flicks makes up for that. Oh, and I'm speculating there of course, just imagining what could happen. Yeah.

man grooming and a shower would take care of some those. Confident people look good naked.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I know the feeling of surprise. I was hiking along a secluded beach last year when I passed a young lady in the buff working on her tan. I was surprised to see her because it wasn't a nude beach. She seemed anxious that I would eyeball her. I couldn't possibly have cared less (sad for me) about looking at her charms. I was a little annoyed, but hurried on down the strand. About a quarter of a mile away I saw on old fellow wearing the worst looking swim trunks in the world walking in the opposite direction. As I got closer I noticed that he was strolling along buck naked. I was surprised at first, then I grew amused at the thought that the naked old fellow displaying his junk was soon going to encounter the young lady in the buff who didn't want to be eyeballed. :)

I am not sure why one would be naked in public particularly in an undesignated area and not expect to be eyeballed. Would seem to go with the territory.

For me, I think naked holograms will be the way to go in the future. Project the naked image you want to project rather than the less than perfect one you are.